• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rugby Union All-Time Draft

ohtani's jacket

State Vice-Captain
I've heard of neither of those guys, but I respect going for 2 props infinitely much.
Ah, sorry. Graham Price (spelt it wrong) was a Welsh prop who played in the late 70s and early 80s and was a British Lion. Paparemborde was a French prop from the same era, who sadly died in 2001.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Updated list of players selected:

Round One

Michaelf7777777 - Grant Fox (#10)
Somerset - Daniel Carter (#10)
99* - Colin Meads (#5)
Perm - Richie McCaw (#7)
Voltman - Michael Jones (#7)
Simon - John Eales (#5)
Indipper - Frik du Preez (#5)
Jamee999 - Jonah Lomu (#11)
Francis - Zinzan Brooke (#8)
BoyBrumby - Barry John (#10)
Chaminda_00 - Sean Fitzpatrick (#2)
ripper868 - Nick Farr-Jones (#9)
ohtani's jacket - Graham Price (#3)

Round Two

ohtani's jacket - Robert Paparemborde (#1)
ripper868 - Keith Wood (#2)
Chaminda_00 - Os du Randt (#1)
BoyBrumby -
Francis -
Jamee999 -
Indipper -
Simon -
Voltman -
Perm -
99* -
Somerset -
Michaelf7777777 -

Interesting to note only one player selected past fly half so far (in the form of Lomu)...

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
That would be 1...good pick, would have been one of my props....back to the drawing board
Going to sort out the positions where I have little or no knowleadge early. Then back my little knowleadge with the more common positions. Unless my to 3-5 picks go early. I can't believe how little I know of players outside Australia. :ph34r:

Francis

State Vice-Captain
Hmm... Brumby's choice is making me think I need a lock. There's plenty of great locks, but with Johnno, Eales, Meads and du Preez taken I need a legendary lock.

Willie John McBride

Michaelf7777777

International Debutant
Bill Beaumont, we'll just take the captain 25 years before...
I've got a good anecdote about him. When captaining England he was rallying the troops as a female streaker ran behind him and seeing his teammates were distracted asked what the problem was?. His teammates reply was along the lines of there's a girl on the field with your backside onj her chest.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Joost van der Westhuizen

He used to be good a few years ago from memory.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Danie Gerber (#13)

Never saw the best of him due to South Africa being in isolation, but his one genuine crack when he was near his peak - v NZ in NZ in 1981 - was pretty damn outstanding.