• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Round of 16: Italy v Austria (in London, UK)

Who will win?

• Italy

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Austria

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Kickoff 26 June, 21.00 CET/8pm local

H2H (competitive): Italy 6, drawn 1, Austria 1 - last Austria win: Olympics 1912
Euro history: Italy champions 1968, finalists 2000, 2012; Austria quarterfinals/last qualifying playoff 1960

Winner plays winner of Belgium v Portugal, in Munich, Germany

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Be interesting to see what Mancini does with his midfield given Verratti seems to be fitter.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It was clearly offside, not even marginal really. sure VAR haters will fume, but it was the right decision, not sure why it took so long though.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
The linesman should have given that. I know Atwell would still have made a meal of checking it, but the linesman would look less silly.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
VAR wasting a lot of time in this game, don’t think that’s a pen anyway and definitely not enough of one to overturn.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I mean like, Stuart Attwell, I know some say he was harshly judged over that goal, but when he as briefly in lower divisions, he was the most irritating over-fussy pedantic little **** I've watched, so no surprise we've put him to the top of the referees list.

In fact we got him just after that incident, but I'd just rolled in to the ground from the pub, and didn't know who he was, and was ranting that he was one of the worst refs I'd ever seen, in terms of fussiness, and that is saying a lot for the lower divisions of terrible officiating.

Last edited: