• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Round 6 - 4 Day - Match Reports

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
One Step Closer for Province

Western Province made a bold statement to the rest of division two on the weekend saying that they were still huge title threats. Province were able to turn a 60 run first innings deficit into a 118 run win over top of the table Warwickshire as the Province depth once again proved to be their strength.

Batting first on a pitch with early movement wasn't going to be easy for the South Africans as former Province star Ishmael Nelson teamed up with his cohorts to have Province 4-94 at lunch. Llewellyn in a welcome return to form was able to add some stability with a well made 53, and Dyllan Jacobs was further able to add to this with 46. However the bowling performance of Mick Jones was the highlight of the innings, as he bowled with tremendous pace and control to destroy the middle order finishing with 4-41. 262 was respectible however left manager Ian Markus on edge.

A couple of late wickets on the first day left the honours shared as Warwickshire closed on 2-40. They began building steadily however as Sriram forced his way to 60 before unfortunately falling on his stumps. However Zac Kaye and Willmott turned the game to the visitors favour as they put on 105 for the fifth wicket before Samaraweera snared 2 wickets in 2 balls to keep Province in it. Eventually Warwickshire were unable to capitalise as much as Nibbs would've liked them to due to Kumble taking 3 quick wickets, which left Province with a chance of winning.

The scene was set for a rout as Birch was bowled by Gregson first ball however the out of form Province top order finally began to show some fight as Funston, Llewellyn and Anderson all made good starts. Ghambir however was the star as he stood up to the Gregson onslaught and powered his way past the hundred. At the time of his dismissal the score was on 7-310 and the match was delicately poised. However in a pair of match winning knocks by Dylan Jacobs and in form captain Jim Schofield, Province were well and truley able to take the box seat as the pair scored 75 and 60 respectively as they put on 143. Warwickshire had their work cut out and with Sriram gonig first ball they never really looked in the hunt. Solid resistance from Bradshaw and Howarth gave some hope but one of them really needed to put on a mammoth score and didn't. In the end Schofield cleaned up the tail leaving Warwickshire a dissapointing 118 runs behind.

Slats4ever "After that performance I'll be very dissapointed if we don't get promoted after a performance like this today. Full credit to Warwickshire they are a top side, however that makes our sides achievment of beating them twice this season even better".

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Kent finally step up to the plate in divsion one with a solid draw aganist local rivals Lancashire. The hightlight of the match was the big first innings score of 506, which included a century from French, this was the first century of the season for the club and provided a major boast to the struggling batting line up. This draw will hopefully push Kent out of the relgelation zone. Kent know look to build from this performance and try and string together some victories.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
bugssy said:
glad you have seen the results as i have not had an email about it...
well i sent them bugs and ive not recieved a return email saying it didnt get delivered, maybe you're just not looking hard enough...

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
can't say much here except that mashonaland got trounced by free state by 7 wickets. hussain did the damage with five wickets in the first innings as mashonaland only made 124, and free state got to 261 thanks to an ambrose century. mashonaland batted better the second time around, eaton getting a half century, as with burns, and arnold hitting an unbeaten hundred, and ul-haq bagging a pair. free state coasted home with 3/185 to win by 7 wickets.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Deprived of the prolific veteran Abedin, the predictions were for Chittagong to struggle, but luckily the first game of the predicted 2 that Abedin would miss was against bottom of the table Galle. The game remained close throughout the first innings but Chittagong took control from there on in.

The game began with Indulkar winning the toss and sending Galle in, Walker removed the dangerous Gibbs for 15 but Vithana and Arasu took Galle to 98-1. Fanning then trapped Arasu to break the partnership but from then on in it was the Hasan show. The spinner ran through the middle order and, with Arafat, the tail to record figures of 6-19 from 13 overs as Galle were dismissed for 187.

the Cougars struggled through the reply losing regular wickets but just keeping their noses in front. Abedin's replacement Payne hit 33 and Walker 49 as Durani(5-41) ran through the top order. Hasan came to the wicket at 163-8 and proceeded to hit an unbeaten 34 from 32 deliveries to guide his side to a slim first innings lead. 205 all out.

Hasan was to have a hand in the destruction of the Galle second innings aswell, dismissing top scorer Jones(49) and cleaning up the tail with 2 wickets to take 3-14, and match figures of 9-33. Kellar took 4-39 as Galle were knocked over for 155.

A small target for victory, but Payne went early for 3, Fanninf and Indulkar however put on enough runs to see them home by 6 wickets.

MOM, A Hasan obviously.

With 4 games to go, Chittagongs record is 4-2 in FC, they continue to surprise people.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Yorkshire thumped by Hampshire in 6 wicket loss.
Yorkshire posted just 200 (Boxall 72*) in their first innings to which Hampshire replied with 469 all out (D Gough 3/77, P Wilcox 3/99). Yorkshire batted well to reach 355 (W Tendulkar 112, L De Silva 109*) but it wasn't enough. Hampshire needed just 87 to win, and they got there easily, though losing four wickets (D Gough 2/11, G Hamilton 2/28).

The Baconator

2 spells of bowling, one by Rice and the other by Akram, were the key to Tasmania's triumph over Victoria.

Day 1 started on a hot, sunny, morning at the MCG and the home side were batting first. The openers made steady progress to 52 without loss until both openers fell in consecutive overs. Elliott and Hussey then began to build a partnership, taking them to 10-2 until Mike Rice came into the attack. He took the next 5 wickets to fall and finished with figures of 5-46. Akram and Sharma finished off the innings with Victoria scoring 190, with nobody reaching 30.

Tasmania lost wickets at regular intervals during their reply, and no one was able to start anything apart from Midlane who made 40 and Goodwin, who made 84*. The wickets were shared fairly evenly between the Victorian bowlers, with Lewis taking 3-77. Tasmania had scored 202, a lead of 12.

Akram's fiery spell in the Victoria's second innings took the game away from Victoria, and ultimately led to Tasmania's victory. After dismissing Yapp earlier on, he took 5 wickets with some intense fast bowling to leave Victoria reeling at 74-6. Tehy recovered well to 176 largely due to how excellently Mike Hussey shepherded the tail during his 65*.

Set 165 to win, Tasmania were confident but victory was not a formality. They reached their target easily however, losing just 2 wickets, with Rowell (65) and Charlton (63*) in the runs.

Victoria first innings:190 all out, Hussey 29 Rice 5-46.
Tasmania first innings: 202 all out Goodwin 84*, Midlane 40, Lewis 3-77
Victoria second innings: 176 all out, Hussey 65*, Akram 6-68.
Tasmania second innings: 167-2, Rowell 65, Charlton 63*

Man of the match: F Akram

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Karachi THUMPED Glamorgan... bowled them out for 82 and 180 odd... all bowlers played well and especially R.Silva who also scored a ton.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Mr. P said:
Hey Simon whats happening with the Somerset game mate?
Somerset versus Worcestershire

Somerset
YA Singh run out 8 (23)
P Mullick b O Cope 29 (34)
J Godwin not out 131 (261)
C Donald lbw b O Cope 34 (49)
Y Youhana c U Lowe b K Raza 44 (100)
O Fry c P Bowler b K Raza 0 (4)
P Pothas c K Raza b I Cook 9 (16)
B Collyer b E Bellson 8 (28)
D Prasad b E Bellson 6 (9)
J Beasley c P Bowler b A Hall 3 (20)
R Dhamika c O Cope b P Abid Ali 0 (3)
Extras ( w12 nb1 b4 lb11 ) 28

Total (from 92 overs) 300 All out
Fall of wickets:
1-31 2-60 3-116 4-209 5-211 6-228 7-255 8-271 9-297 10-300

Bowling Figures for Worcestershire

O M R W
A Hall 18 7 29 1
O Cope 25 5 87 2
E Bellson 16 2 72 2
I Cook 18 3 45 1
K Raza 14 4 52 2

Worcestershire
P Abid Ali c P Pothas b R Dhamika 197 (312)
C Rogers b R Dhamika 31 (64)
F Rickman c Y Youhana b B Collyer 49 (78)
A Lovell c J Beasley b R Dhamika 31 (58)
U Lowe c B Collyer b P Mullick 66 (101)
P Bowler b D Prasad 28 (62)
A Hall b D Prasad 26 (34)
E Bellson lbw b D Prasad 20 (42)
O Cope not out 31 (38)
K Raza c B Collyer b R Dhamika 9 (27)
I Cook b R Dhamika 0 (1)
Extras ( w7 nb1 b4 lb19 ) 31

Total (from 137 overs) 519 All out
Fall of wickets:
1-65 2-146 3-213 4-379 5-399 6-454 7-475 8-490 9-519 10-519

Bowling Figures for Somerset

O M R W
D Prasad 38 5 123 3
B Collyer 27 4 96 1
R Dhamika 31 7 91 5
J Godwin 17 1 91 0
O Fry 14 2 57 0
P Mullick 9 1 38 1

Somerset
YA Singh c P Bowler b I Cook 19 (67)
P Mullick c P Bowler b I Cook 53 (86)
J Godwin b K Raza 15 (39)
C Donald c P Bowler b O Cope 53 (97)
Y Youhana c P Bowler b O Cope 66 (105)
O Fry stP Bowler b I Cook 7 (20)
P Pothas c A Hall b P Abid Ali 36 (57)
B Collyer c P Bowler b O Cope 3 (8)
D Prasad c U Lowe b O Cope 0 (2)
J Beasley not out 32 (77)
R Dhamika b E Bellson 14 (18)
Extras ( w6 nb3 b5 lb9 ) 23

Total (from 96 overs) 321 All out
Fall of wickets:
1-55 2-87 3-89 4-214 5-228 6-228 7-234 8-234 9-301 10-321

Bowling Figures for Worcestershire

O M R W
A Hall 19 6 50 0
O Cope 30 6 96 4
E Bellson 11 3 47 1
I Cook 17 6 38 3
K Raza 15 2 55 1
P Abid Ali 4 0 21 1

Worcestershire
P Abid Ali c P Pothas b B Collyer 10 (14)
C Rogers c P Pothas b D Prasad 9 (18)
F Rickman c P Pothas b R Dhamika 28 (59)
A Lovell not out 38 (51)
U Lowe not out 17 (10)
Extras ( b1 ) 1

Total (from 26 overs) 103 - 3
Fall of wickets:
1-19 2-19 3-72

Bowling Figures for Somerset

O M R W
D Prasad 7 2 31 1
B Collyer 7 1 26 1
R Dhamika 7 1 32 1
J Godwin 4 0 13 0

Worcestershire 21pts beat Somerset 7pts by 7 wickets

Simon

naa i ****ed up, it should have been Maqbool playing not Beasley, the match will be re simmed for the result however stats from the first game will only count...

Mr. P

Yea that played a part in why Worcs made 500 -odd, because I only had 3 proper bowlers and I had 2 or 3 second stringers bowling a lot...

thierry henry

International Coach
Yeah well, what about all the games this season and last season where my frontliners didn't get a bowl? All the games this season where Abid Ali has bowled 10 overs and Hoggard hasn't bowled in one-dayers?

I realise the correct decision has been made, but having frontliners not bowling because of problems with the sim is just as damaging as not having them in the team (if not more so, because you're also basically playing with 10 players.)

At least I get the stats, Abid Ali followed up his 197 with a golden duck in the second game :wacko:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
thierry henry said:
Yeah well, what about all the games this season and last season where my frontliners didn't get a bowl?
The same problem a lot of people had because of players having overs per match, so they bowl?

Nothing like Simon actually selecting the wrong side.

Simon

marc71178 said:
The same problem a lot of people had because of players having overs per match, so they bowl?

Nothing like Simon actually selecting the wrong side.
rub it in why dont ya :p
naa it was the only way we could have gone, ive had nothing but problems since taking over from blewy this time, from corrupted files, stuff ups on my behalf and general ignorance its been a bit disapointing...