• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Role of rain in semi final line-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Borges

International Regular
The four teams at the top of the ICC ODI rankings are the four teams in the semifinals. Don't see anything very wrong with that outcome.

cnerd123

likes this
So where are the words "India didn't try to win"? I said there was lack of intent.
What does lack of intent mean if not a failure to try and win?

Obsuficate all you want, but this is why Pak isn't in the semi finals. Lack of any intent throughout this contest.

NRR is fine.

Amirfan

School Boy/Girl Captain
What does lack of intent mean if not a failure to try and win?

Obsuficate all you want, but this is why Pak isn't in the semi finals. Lack of any intent throughout this contest.

NRR is fine.
So you admit you were wrongly attributing stuff to me. Thanks.

Not sure what obsuficate is.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can you show me where I explicitly said "India didn't try to win"? I really don't appreciate you putting words in my mouth.

Of course anything can happen on a given day, but that doesn't mean that 9 out of 10 times the current Pak side would humble the SL side. Heck, the india Pak match would have been close had Pak batted first.
So many of your "arguments", if we may call them that, are just straight up conjecture.

India and Pakistan have played 7 times in World Cups. None of those have been especially close. Before you say India batted first most of the time, they smashed Pakistan twice batting second last year in the Asia Cup.

Amirfan

School Boy/Girl Captain
So many of your "arguments", if we may call them that, are just straight up conjecture.

India and Pakistan have played 7 times in World Cups. None of those have been especially close. Before you say India batted first most of the time, they smashed Pakistan twice batting second last year in the Asia Cup.
India only had to chase once in their WC games Vs Pakistan. I don't care about Asia Cup group games. We saw what happened when the Indian team had to chase in a big match. Aamir had the much vaunted Indian line up on its knees.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
By the way, this is what a standard Anglo-Australian dick measuring contest looks like to the rest of us. Absolutely cringe worthy and repetitive direness. And it's a lot more frequent than this sort of thing. This was the result of a whiny nuub and a seemingly especially bored *****. I must sign, Burgey's breakdown was a good enough side effect to balance things somewhat.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
@Amirfan - What did you think of Pakistan's performance against Afghanistan in a big, must win game? Do you think it bears well for your argument that they are more likely than not going to come up triumphant in the knockouts?

Last edited:

Amirfan

School Boy/Girl Captain
@Amirfan - What did you think of Pakistan's performance against Afghanistan in a big, must win game? Do you think it bears well for your argument that they are more likely than not going to come up triumphant in the knockouts?
They were complacent and Afg got to bat first too. India batted first against Afg and still struggled.

harsh.ag

They were complacent and Afg got to bat first too. India batted first against Afg and still struggled.
Yeah, but this is not about India.

Do you think that game made more credible or less your argument about Pakistan being good at knockouts and other teams fearing them over NZ?

Amirfan

School Boy/Girl Captain

Do you think that game made more credible or less your argument about Pakistan being good at knockouts and other teams fearing them over NZ?
For starters, that wasn't even a knockout. England weren't done with their matches so Pakistan at that point could have lost and still qualified.

That Pakistan are a scarier prospect than most teams forget NZ in knockouts is a given. They have won the 2 biggest prizes in ODI cricket by winning knockouts. How many apart from Aus and India can say that?

harsh.ag

For starters, that wasn't even a knockout. England weren't done with their matches so Pakistan at that point could have lost and still qualified.

That Pakistan are a scarier prospect than most teams forget NZ in knockouts is a given. They have won the 2 biggest prizes in ODI cricket by winning knockouts. How many apart from Aus and India can say that?
Why do you talk as if Pakistan teams of the past have anything to do with expectations from the current Pakistan team? Do you expect other people to take this line of thinking as seriously as you do?

akilana

International 12th Man

Your posts have been terrible here. I guess you’re countering stupidity with stupidity.

Amirfan

School Boy/Girl Captain
Why do you talk as if Pakistan teams of the past have anything to do with expectations from the current Pakistan team? Do you expect other people to take this line of thinking as seriously as you do?
I didn't realize 2017 was decades ago, my bad!

harsh.ag

I didn't realize 2017 was decades ago, my bad!
Were you talking about 2017 here?

Status
Not open for further replies.