• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Road to the 2019 Ashes

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wade has always been better with the bat than the gloves. I'm glad he's given up trying to be a keeper.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
I know, he's a lot better than Head (the cricketer)
I think it's pretty marginal inbetween them myself, both should play I think personally. Wouldn't even remotely contemplate dropping Head myself after being the best Australian bat in that miserable home summer, but it is not implausible that the selectors will do something moronic and drop him for Mitch Marsh or some ****e like that

aussie tragic

International Captain
So just reading that all of the 25 players will be marched in front of the selectors alphabetically whereby they will each get told whether they made the squad or not, and then have 5 minutes to discuss.

Sounds like the auditions at the X-Factor, will the selected run out of the room screaming showing their golden ticket lol

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
So just reading that all of the 25 players will be marched in front of the selectors alphabetically whereby they will each get told whether they made the squad or not, and then have 5 minutes to discuss.

Sounds like the auditions at the X-Factor, will the selected run out of the room screaming showing their golden ticket lol
I dont know if you're for real or not, but far out.

aussie tragic

International Captain
I dont know if you're for real or not, but far out.
It's real. I'm now locked out of all the articles blocked by paywall so can't add a link, but google "Aussies to learn Ashes fate in brutal process' and you'll see it stated. Bancroft will be the first to know.

Francis9898

Cricket Spectator
So both sides can’t bat that well, England’s one proper good bat is out of form and has struggled in recent times in any game other than a dead rubber. The only people who score runs for England look set to be benched anyway for Broad, Anderson and Archer.

howardj

International Coach
It's real. I'm now locked out of all the articles blocked by paywall so can't add a link, but google "Aussies to learn Ashes fate in brutal process' and you'll see it stated. Bancroft will be the first to know.
I quoted the article on page 38 of this thread

They each get told separately in their separate 5 minute meeting (with Hohns and Langer)

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Thread only has 15 pages m8

Very surprised an intelligent and longstanding poster such as yourself had not gone to 40 posts pp years ago.

morgieb

Marsh selection, urgh.

Neser seems weird too.

Disappointing to also see Harris, Labuschagne and Bancroft ahead of Burns and Patterson though I guess you can justify it.

TheJediBrah

Patterson missing out is bull****

He's one guy I can really see being a Test stalwart for the best part of the next decade

lol @ Burns getting dropped after making 180 in his last Test innings though. Softens the blow a bit. Can't wait to stephen explode like he did when Renshaw kept getting ignored.

TheJediBrah

Can't wait to stephen explode
Yeah this squad is almost as bull**** as it could possibly be . . . is ridiculous . . . And then picking useless ****s . . . you get these ridiculous situations . . . Ridiculous.
hehe

I really do feel for Burns though. As much as it probably was the right choice cricket-wise, not picking him at all for the squad after 180 in his most recent Test innings is pretty ****ed up. He should rightfully feel very hard done by