• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Road to India in Australia 2024-25

Socerer 01

International Captain
3 quicks are enough. Jadeja would play as an AR there, equivalent to Mitch Marsh. Kuldeep as a wrist spinner is a good bet on bouncier AUS tracks. India should be cautious in deviating too far from their traditional strengths. The idea of having Lord or Pandya in XI should be killed outright.

Still, hard to see India prevailing third time in a row. Long as they can avoid a whitewash or take the tests to final day/session, it'd be nice.
i would have played Jadeja as the all rounder for years before now if it were upto me but they’ve been too conservative with him for too long. Pandya wont even accept a test callup when he’s this fragile anyway

idk why we’re all this pessimistic about our chances when we finally have had multiple batsmen score runs at home, had Kuldeep dominate a series in full and discovered Akashdeep. doesnt mean we’ll win 3 in a row but i would be disappointed if we dont win or lose narrowly with how Australia havent had the best of summers themselves

GirthQuake

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Yeah, Rohit has completely lost his will play a long innings in ODIs too, forget the tests. If India are lucky, they'd get pretty, stroke filled cameos at best up top.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rohit will get through the new ball and then help a half tracker to long leg. You know it, we all know it.
Yeah on the larger Aussie grounds it's a particularly good way to get him out. Funny how it's one of his best shots in LOs but his worst in Tests.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

CA said:
"The clear advice from our national team is that there is a preference to start series strongly at venues where they're really comfortable and Perth and Brisbane they believe are somewhat comparable in terms of the advantage they get out of that," Roach said. "They're the hardest and bounciest pitches in Australia. They also believe that playing day-night Tests in Adelaide is a significant advantage and the stats there are pretty conclusive too. "

Kinda sad they literally have to state these things. #SPOOKED

S P O O K E D
P
O
O
K
E
D

:laugh:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
CA said:
"So they will look at this schedule and some will say Gabba first would have been better than Perth. Others will say Perth then Gabba. I think that gap has really closed in recent times and the way our players think about that, and having Adelaide as the day-night Test, they'll be really buoyed about that again. So we're really comfortable that this gives us a great opportunity to compete with a really strong Indian team."

Like literally admitting they will doctor pitches and schedules coz that gives a "great opportunity to compete" with the Indian team.... :laugh:

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Subjecting Australia to the ignominy of three consecutive home defeats trumps any WTC title. That will come in due time too but for now all hands to Aus.

Ashwinashwath

School Boy/Girl Captain
The Aussies will consider this series as a litmus test as two times in their home ground they lost to team C Indian squad with no fancy 150 kmph or genuine sharp leg spinner in the bowling line up with spare "nuts and bolts"/"net" bowlers (Natarajan) that too. They may even consider it their redemption series of AT supremacy status.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
I still don't see India coming close in this one with Perth, Adelaide day nighter and Gabba being the first 3 Tests.

Perth Test in particular is a step too far for India (as the 1st Test). So Im almost 100% confident that Australia will win that one.

Shri

Mr. Glass
aus do not have a bunch of batters who can bat long against quality bowling. some will play well of course but every game will be 50/50 with a slight edge to aus

series win not farfetched

Ashwinashwath

School Boy/Girl Captain
I still don't see India coming close in this one with Perth, Adelaide day nighter and Gabba being the first 3 Tests.

Perth Test in particular is a step too far for India (as the 1st Test). So Im almost 100% confident that Australia will win that one.
India will give a tough fight though. And can even be considered the favorites if couple of batsmen goes berserk, they score huge in their first innings and draw first blood, India might win 2-1 yet again.

Sunil1z

International Regular
I think this is a joke and lot can happen in next 9 months . But this thread should keep an eye on him . He can be next Shamar Joseph ( Or Harris Rauf 😣)
48355ABC-4AB4-4469-A158-2F34EA8D182B.jpeg