• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rishabh Pant Appreciation Society

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
The legend continues to thrive and prosper, and more stories to tell his grand children.

"You know when Eng toured us in 2021, there was this guy named Jack Leech who was their prime spinner bowling into the rough on a tough pitch at Chennai. I neutered the threat by simply blasting him for some 5 or 6 sixes in about 30 balls I faced...."

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Tbf, I didn't watch much LOs back then and have been a massive fan since test debut.
Now copying @Jono 's defence too. :@

But yeah, seriously, all good. Its not like I called a talent no one has ever seen or anything. He was already very highly rated by many in Indian cricket. Same with Virat. :) I am just happy when you think a youngster has potential and then they deliver. :)

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
Pant vs Leach - this series till now

Last to first

2nd test, 1st innings
1, 0, 0, 6, 1, 0, 4, (12 runs from 7 balls, 1 × 4, 1× 6)

1st test, 2nd innings
1, 4, 1, 0, 1 (7 runs from 5 balls, 1× 4)

1st test, 1st innings
3, 6, 0, 4, 0, 0, 0, 1, 4, 0, 1, 1, 6, 1, 1, 6, 1, 6, 6, 0, 1, (48 runs from 21 balls, 2 × 4, 5 × 6)

Total - 67 runs from 33 balls, 4 ×4, 6× 6)
Dismissals : Zero
Strike rate : 203.03

Leach is Pant's bunny, or perhaps Elmer Fudd

Ashwinashwath

School Boy/Girl Captain
To keep 3 competing spinners who would curse you for every opportunity lost behind the stumps, it is indeed a thankless job. He is doing his best and I like it when players try and show positive intent.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
No guy wearing Mickey Mouse hoodies and carny sunglasses has a right to be as charismatic. But that's part of the Pant enigma. Haven't rooted as much for an Indian cricketer since Sehwag, with due respect to the many fine players we've had since.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
Pant's keeping has provided the spinners the confidence to bowl their hearts out. The dismissal of Moeen was just thr icing on the cake. Bowling it wide outside off and spinning further away and yet Pant managed to grab it and dive back to clean the stumps.

Excellent match awareness and telepathy between bowler and keeper there.