• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rishabh Pant Appreciation Society

Howe_zat

Audio File
Pant’s going up and down, you could say.

I’m not mature enough to not make a pants joke in every match thread for the next 10 years so I’m sure we’re all looking forward to that.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
But what is it?
They find it easy to get away with shots with the field up in tests and the fact that they can dictate the pace of the game. But when the pace of the game is dictated to you, some batsmen who are ridiculously good and talented in tests can find it tough. Even Lara faced this issue quite often in LO cricket post 1998 when he started batting everywhere for no reason.

_00_deathscar

International Regular
They find it easy to get away with shots with the field up in tests and the fact that they can dictate the pace of the game. But when the pace of the game is dictated to you, some batsmen who are ridiculously good and talented in tests can find it tough. Even Lara faced this issue quite often in LO cricket post 1998 when he started batting everywhere for no reason.
Arguably more easily explained for Pant than Sehwag (and Slater) who should have enjoyed the fielding restrictions in the early overs in LOs?

Pant's got a gun SR in IPL anyway (albeit not average - but SR matters more in T20s), it's just T20Is where he's struggled a bit more.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Arguably more easily explained for Pant than Sehwag (and Slater) who should have enjoyed the fielding restrictions in the early overs in LOs?
Both of them found piercing the ring field harder than piercing 2 men in the offside coz there were 3 slips and a gully in tests.

Gob

International Coach
Pant’s going up and down, you could say.

I’m not mature enough to not make a pants joke in every match thread for the next 10 years so I’m sure we’re all looking forward to that.
Pant should drop below Hardik #timpaineghoughts

Shri

Mr. Glass
Rishabh Pant sucks in limited overs cricket because he has no permanent or defined role. Give him a spot and give him freedom to do what he wants for a year or two before saying he sucks.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Rishabh Pant sucks in limited overs cricket because he has no permanent or defined role. Give him a spot and give him freedom to do what he wants for a year or two before saying he sucks.
He has had that with DC for 3 years and amazingly, he has regressed dramatically.