• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Richard Dickinson : Contract Terminated

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Incumbent senior coach Richard Dickinson will not carry on his duties into Season 9 of Cricket Web Cricket. Long absences and a general lack of effectiveness plagued Dickinson's stint as coach, and he was indeed the most unpopular coach in CW history.

Still, the CWBCC defended Dickinson's credentials and even now has released the statement:

"Mr. Dickinson will not be continuing as coach of the Cricket Web XI, effective immediately. Having reviewed his availability and the results of the past season, we feel it best to move ina new direction at this point in time."

No announcement yet as to who the new coach will be, but Neil Pickup appears a leading candidate for the player-coach role.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If the CWBCC has the intention of hiring a player coach I would like to put my hand up. Perhaps in a co-coaching role with Neil. I have had experience as bowling coach at the Fast Bowling academy.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
First Colts captain...then player-coach....then evil dictator that takes over the world? :-O

:sweat: :blowup:

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Power trip :-O

Player-coach.. I'd say Neil is probably first person I'd look to - he was coach of the 'A' tour and he did it very well. But I still think, if possible, getting a normal coach would be better. (And perhaps not even having a coach...)

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Dickinson`s reign in three parts.

1) Is appointed.

2) Get`s players to fill out long quiz.

3) Is sacked.

DJellett

International Debutant
and the future -

4) Is embarrased by Nnaden's post
5) Eats SubWay
6) Realises "Chicken and Bacon ranch with extra bacon and chicken" is not one of SubWays healthy sandwiches
7) Runs away into hiding
8) Bumps into Bin Laden
9) Starts terrorist faction
10) Kills Nnanden first, working his way through all CWXI players