• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ray Price retires

Chook Herron

School Boy/Girl Captain
Disappointed that ZC didn't give him any proper send off by giving him one final game. Great servant for Zimbabwean cricket during a difficult time. Probably one of the few players opposition genuinely respected. Hopefully he still stays involved with the game.

Chubb

International Regular
He was and remains my favourite cricketer of all time. I've said enough about him before.
I just wish he could have taken the last wicket against Windies in 2004. You cannot doubt his love of Zimbabwe and of cricket. I hope whatever he does in retirement he is successful.

My Favourite Cricketer: Ray Price | The Cricketer

BackFootPunch

International 12th Man
Absolutely top bloke. When Zimbabwe toured here a couple of years ago I got to do some net bowling against them for a couple of hours. I'm a spinner of the same variety as him so we bowled in the same net and he offered huge amounts of advice, as well as just being friendly and chatting about non-cricket stuff. It was pretty cool making a plan about how to bowl to Brendan Taylor with a current international spinner.

I'd think he's got a future in coaching of some kind. Definitely has plenty to offer if he's interested in it.