• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rate This Series

Rate This Series

• 10- As good as 05

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • 9- Nothing will ever be as good as 05, but this will come close

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • 8- Good series, but memories of 05 are too much to overcome

Votes: 20 39.2%
  • 7- Nothing much happens

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • 6- Many players are missing, taking away from the series

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 5- Meh, bring on the world cup!

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • 4- So So

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • 3- I'm not sure why i'm still going this low

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 2- Anyone even looking here?

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • 1- Remember, 1 is the worst!

Votes: 2 3.9%

• Total voters

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
andyc said:
With Glenn McGrath hitting the winning six?
Has he yet achieved his lifetime ambition?
Just imagine if he were to hit the runs at The SCG that gave Australia a 3-2 win.
Surely he'd have to retire from Tests there and then if that happened.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
I'm not saying this just because we lost 5-0, but it had nowhere near the excitement value of the last series. Who remembers the 4th and 5th tests, nobody really.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yep, quite - I foolishly voted Good series, but memories of 05 are too much to overcome, when my head was saying quite clearly that an Australian walkover was the overwhelming likelihood. I suppose that's because it was saying the same in 2005. But it really was foolish to expect the same thing twice in a row. Whoever the 3 were that voted 10 on this poll should hang their heads in shame.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Yep, quite - I foolishly voted Good series, but memories of 05 are too much to overcome, when my head was saying quite clearly that an Australian walkover was the overwhelming likelihood. I suppose that's because it was saying the same in 2005. But it really was foolish to expect the same thing twice in a row. Whoever the 3 were that voted 10 on this poll should hang their heads in shame.
Agree.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
It had its moments. Adelaide was a fantastic test match, but obviously it tailed off along with England's performance in the 4th and 5th tests. Hard to rate a series where two of the matches are farewell parties for retiring players, really.

Standard was quite high for the first three tests, though. Certainly wasn't one of the worst series I've seen.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Not one of the worst quality-wise, no, but one of the worst contest-wise. England were never, at any point, in the game at The 'Gabba, they dominated more than not at Adelaide and ended-up losing, and were pretty much always second-placed in the last 3, though never completely out of it until late-on.