• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rashid Khan

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think it was in Pakpassion.net some one has posted a childhood photos of Rashid with the poster. He says they are of same age. Looking at the photos, it was a convincing argument.
Were the pics in sepia?

Not so concerned about his age in any event tbh, he was good value out here in the BBL. Stank up the WC but that is another level again I suppose. Be interesting to see if his bubble has burst or if he can get back to where he was before the tournament.

Last edited:

Jack1

International Debutant
Suppose we got too deep into politics here. But all I'll say there's a chance he'll end up being a better multi format bowler than Warne by the end of his career, he knows what he's doing.. the question comes that actually he isn't technically superior to Warne but seems to psych the batsmen out even more than Warne did - similar to Kumble who bowled deliveries slightly better than pies but in the heat of battle Kumble would be unplayable he was like a genie with the ball at his best and tied you in knots mentally wearing you down with accurate bowling and viscous top spin at times..leg spin is more an art of deception than anything else I think - Warne at his best was more deadly accurate than anything else and that slider towards the end of his career just ended up hitting mentally inferior players plumb in front of the stumps, the better you are at deception the better your stats are as a leggie..I consider it more about deception than skill..since we were into politics there's that...(very) fast bowling is more about putting fear into the player batting and we could go on. Bowling in general I suppose is a little like chess (deception of opponent) unless you are an offie with no doosra like Swann - that was all skill and nothing else (and super easy to read from the hand as a club player of even zero experience and ability) and when you don't even develop the other one as an offie or leggie to the point that you are just trying to out skill the batter I suppose that can be admired a lot in Swann and bowlers like him who still managed to hold good stats with no deception at all.

Last edited:

Jack1

International Debutant
He’s like 6% of Warne right now. Bold calls to be making this early.
More like 10%. Hypothetically I'm all in with (almost) no hand. I agree.... But if you don't call it early you haven't really called anything.

You didn't see him get rinsed at the World Cup, did you?
Yes I'm English.The deck was a joke for a leggie, he had no business bowling to Morgan on it. That's been discussed here already, every leggie in history would get murdered on a seamer friendly deck by Morgan in an ODI in that mood. What's your point? As for the rest of the games, hardly played a game on a surface a leggie has a chance. Only being fair. They are humans, not robots or superiors - they can just play the game better than us.

We should mention too that the boundary was small. In was an inverse of a spinners paradise the whole situation.

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

More like 10%. Hypothetically I'm all in with (almost) no hand. I agree.... But if you don't call it early you haven't really called anything.

Yes I'm English.The deck was a joke for a leggie, he had no business bowling to Morgan on it. That's been discussed here already, every leggie in history would get murdered on a seamer friendly deck by Morgan in an ODI in that mood. What's your point? As for the rest of the games, hardly played a game on a surface a leggie has a chance. Only being fair. They are humans, not robots or superiors - they can just play the game better than us.

We should mention too that the boundary was small. In was an inverse of a spinners paradise the whole situation.
He's talking about the whole World Cup. Not just one game against one player.

Burgey

Nah he bowled poorly tbh. Expected a lot more from him I understand the conditions weren't always conducive to his MO, but I'm not the one saying he's going to be an all format ATG. If he's going to be, you'd expect him to show a fair bit more than what he did across the whole tourney. That's part of the deal, surely? And I'm saying that as someone who hoped and expected him to do a fair bit better.

I mean, say what you like about Morgan's knock. The comment that any leggie in history would get murdered on a seamer's deck in an ODI by him sort of goes against Warne's record on seamer friendly decks in the same country doesn't it? Khan is a very exciting prospect, but he can't seriously be compared to the likes of Warne or even Kumble at the same stage. It would be great if he turns out anywhere near as good, but imho we're a long way from that happening yet.

Last edited:

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
offie with no doosra like Swann - that was all skill and nothing else (and super easy to read from the hand as a club player of even zero experience and ability)
Swann has a viciously spinning off break and two versions of sliders (one was the UFO ball). The change of the angle was good enough to tie knots around players like Sanga or Gambhir, who are good players of spin.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Nah he bowled poorly tbh. Expected a lot more from him I understand the conditions weren't always conducive to his MO, but I'm not the one saying he's going to be an all format ATG. If he's going to be, you'd expect him to show a fair bit more than what he did across the whole tourney. That's part of the deal, surely? And I'm saying that as someone who hoped and expected him to do a fair bit better..
Have to agree with this. Can't blame every thing on the pitch. On same pitches Mujeeb ur Rehmnan out bowled him, with a never, less responsive ball. It was a bad tournament for Rashid.

Jack1

International Debutant
Swann could certainly bowl. Just a shame he was entirely devoid of heart and courage
Basically my point. But he was only being himself, I can't hold it against him. As for Migara's comments I am aware he had some variety, but there was no real deception or mystery to it. He was a vanilla off spinner, a very good one mind you with a beautiful action.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Basically my point. But he was only being himself, I can't hold it against him. As for Migara's comments I am aware he had some variety, but there was no real deception or mystery to it. He was a vanilla off spinner, a very good one mind you with a beautiful action.
I was talking about him running off crying from the 2013/14 Ashes. Pretty much the dictionary definition of cowardice