• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ranking System - Batsman with over 5000 Test Runs

Satyanash89

Banned
What does Kumar Sangakarra have to do to be considered better than say Dravid?

Kumar Sangakarra has a superior highest score, averages more, makes ducks less frequently, scores 50+ in an innings more often so I find it absurd that someone would not think it's conceivable that he would be ranked higher.

I don't expect anyone to say Matthew Hayden was actually a better player than Viv Richards and state it as FACT because of the list I have done, but this works in the same way as averages.
Sanga hasnt really put in nearly enough awesome displays overseas as dravid did... hence his overseas average... i have little doubt he'll do that in the coming years and could in all probability end up better than dravid by the time he retires. but right now, dravid for me

watson

Banned
Great to see Kanhai sitting on 1.5 and almost on a par with Gavaskar. One of my favourite all-time players.

Players are well ranked IMO except that the newer players tend to be biased a bit high. Especially Cook.

Good job NUFAN

Last edited:

Jager

International Debutant
Sanga's mafde a fair few ducks as of late, would be interesting to see how he rates now.

smash84

The Tiger King
btw, does anybody know why satyanash has been banned? Couldn't have been for accumalation of infraction points?