• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rahul Dravid - What would you do? Is he still one of India's 6 best batsman?

sehwag fan

School Boy/Girl Captain
The arguments that you do put forward regarding Miandad not doing well against Lillee and Co can be applied to Dravid as well when he had to fact the 2Ws and Shoaib and his record in SA is also nothing to write home about. Just like Miandad's in WI

And this list originally posted by Howezat does speak a lot about how good Miandad was. The quality of attacks during that period was pretty good too better than the noughties

Batting records | Test matches | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPN Cricinfo
Such a shame:

Home average with umpiring help=62
Outside home average =45.8

Difference =16

And people accuse Jayawardene of being home bully.

Without umpiring help he wouldn't even average 46 forget 53.

sehwag fan

School Boy/Girl Captain

Teja.

Global Moderator
FMD, pretty much impossible to have any sort of sensible discussion in CC with sehwag_fan trolling in every thread.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
FMD, pretty much impossible to have any sort of sensible discussion in CC with sehwag_fan trolling in every thread.
While I share your frustration, calling other members trolls never helps, no matter how trollish they are. Report the posts and let nature take its course.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
While I share your frustration, calling other members trolls never helps, no matter how trollish they are. Report the posts and let nature take its course.
Bollocks to that. Most of the time that's fair enough but some ****s need to be called out publicly, in my view. Sometimes 'encouraging' self-moderation of behaviour works better than formal moderation.

Either that or they'll leave. Everyone wins!

salman85

International Debutant
Is it safe to call Dravid better than any other batsman in India's history barring Tendulkar and Gavaskar?

The comparison just hit me since Dravid is such a massivley underated player.

vcs

Is it safe to call Dravid better than any other batsman in India's history barring Tendulkar and Gavaskar?

He certainly has a case. It's between him and Sehwag IMO (not having watched the older players like Hazare, Mankad etc..)

hang on

State Vice-Captain

is he really underrated? i think he is rated just fine....behind the 2 batsmen better than him. i would actually have him as the 3rd best asian batsman, marginally ahead of miandad.

smash84

The Tiger King
I guess it is a fair call to put him right up there after Gavaskar and Sachin in the Indian batting pantheon

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
WAFG!

Answer to the thread's question : Yes, he ****ing is.
Still not completely convinced either way tbh but it was a very good innings. If anything, the lack of anything from Kohli, Mukund or Vijay in this game and the way Badrinath was worked over in the ODIs has done more to make me think "yes" than the runs Dravid has scored, though. It is only one game, however.

vcs

Still not completely convinced either way tbh but it was a very good innings. If anything, the lack of anything from Kohli, Mukund or Vijay in this game and the way Badrinath was worked over in the ODIs has done more to make me think "yes" than the runs Dravid has scored, though. It is only one game, however.
Very true. Sammy did drop a sitter when he was on 6. Still he was batting with the old fluency by the end.