• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Questions

Majin

International Debutant
Like, is there any way to raise your stats in this, or is it just randomly done when you play games? (I mean for like fielding as well, is their just any way to improve it.)

And like, how long does the season last, and when does it start again?

Yeah, thanks.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This current season goes until the end of October and then there is the offseason. During the offseason, players may take up club contracts or be invited to play County Cricket. Depending on their performance in club cricket, their skills may be enhance or damaged.

The offseason doesn't have a set length, but rather is until I have time to invest in another Dev League season again.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
County cricket offers will come to certain members via email.

Club cricket offers will initially come to players being invited back to the clubs they were at last season if the particular club wants that player back. After the invitations, it will be first come first serve to fill the remaining spots on the club rosters.

There will be clubs from Trinidad and Tobago, USA and possibly Australia if someone can help me organize the current squad list for Aussie domestic teams.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mr Mxyzptlk said:

Club cricket offers will initially come to players being invited back to the clubs they were at last season if the particular club wants that player back. After the invitations, it will be first come first serve to fill the remaining spots on the club rosters.

There will be clubs from Trinidad and Tobago, USA and possibly Australia if someone can help me organize the current squad list for Aussie domestic teams.

I'll help. Just let me know.

Majin

International Debutant
And like, how do you work out the stats and stuff? Do you have another simulator for that or do you just make it up or something?

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Well i'll certainly be interested in playing in the off season. Not sure anyone will be interested in me though :)

Don

State Vice-Captain
off season cricket sounds fun.liam isnt it funny the off season in cw is when the season here starts

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
1. Country Cricket (hosted in England)
- Two internationals per team.
- British players can sign up as residents rather than internationals
Certain players will be approached by county teams through the CWBCC. We will contact such players by email or otherwise and pose the option of a stint in England.

If a player averages over 60 in at least 5 CC games, his/her simming average (skill) will be increased by 2 runs. If a player averages less than his/her current simming avge, the avge will drop by 1 run for every 5 runs less.
For the bowling: an average of 22 or less lowers the bowling average by 1. An average higher than the current will raise by 1 run for every 5 runs more.

2. American League (hosted in the U.S.A.)
- Unlimited number of internationals
Players may sign up to play here, but must be approved by the CWBCC if contracted.

Batting avge of 100 or more: skill raised by 2
Batting avge lower than current: skill drops by 3 runs per 5 runs less
Bowling avge of 12 or less: skill raised by 1
Bowling avge higher than current: skill drops by 2 runs per 5 runs more

3. Super Cup Cricket (hosted in Trinidad and Tobago)
- Three internationals per team
Players may sign up to play here, but must be approved by the CWBCC if contracted.

Batting avge of 80 or more: skill raised by 2
Batting avge lower than current: skill drops by 2 runs per 5 runs less
Bowling avge of 16 or less: skill raised by 1
Bowling avge higher than current: skill drops by 2 runs per 5 runs more
This was the set up from last season, but they could well change this season.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:

yeah im also more than happy to help out

Majin

International Debutant
One more thing, how the jeff do you pronounce your screen name? "Mister Mixieplastic" was the best I could come up with.

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Apparently its a comic book character or something.

Do a google search on it, i know it has some stuff there.