• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Question on ban announcements

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
yes, this is correct, because some opinions are so bad they need to be called out every time they're expressed. penile dysentry was a fascist and weld one was anti-semetic and was chasing after uppercut out of nowhere. **** them.
Yeah, another problem with er... "certain posters" (not naming any names lol) is that when their obviously flawed reasoning was pointed out, rather than saying "yeah ok" or "fair enough but how about...", they would double down and become insulting, resorting to the "you are obviously too stupid to debate with me" tactics. Piling on people for doing such things (i.e. behaving like a total mook) is absolutely ok so far as I am concerned.

RossTaylorsBox

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Think some are a bit hung up on labelling this as bullying when it's really just a bunch of people calling out bad and dumb opinions. Like if someone expresses a horrendous political stance do you expect everyone to just have a polite debate about it. It's also massively ironic that both those guys loved to complain about people being politically correct snowflakes.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Think some are a bit hung up on labelling this as bullying when it's really just a bunch of people calling out bad and dumb opinions. Like if someone expresses a horrendous political stance do you expect everyone to just have a polite debate about it. It's also massively ironic that both those guys loved to complain about people being politically correct snowflakes.
It's not even that tbh. It's calling out someone for behaving like a total asshole.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Like if someone expresses a horrendous political stance do you expect everyone to just have a polite debate about it.
I don't think it's quite this, though, is it? I mean you probably think at least half of my political stances are horrendous but when we've had actual debates e.g. discussions on lockdown, they've largely been conducted in good faith. I think so anyway.

But I guess you're more pointing towards bigoted views that manifest as political stances rather than just ideology.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He also randomly accused Shri (?) of sucking up to white people or something odd.

If you ragequit from cricsim, that's fine. But if you go on to do the same in multiple Mafia games, CW, Drafts and even the ****ing Desi whatsapp chat, something's probably wrong with you and not everyone else.

Bijed

International Regular
This, really. There have been times in the past when I've felt like the line has been crossed wrt bullying, but these recent cases aren't examples of that imo.

Although I guess it could look like it without having the full picture

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Thought the previous post would be my last, but I couldn't resist signing off with the PM I got last night from a regular member who will not be named by me:

1616065310938.png

RossTaylorsBox

I don't think it's quite this, though, is it? I mean you probably think at least half of my political stances are horrendous but when we've had actual debates e.g. discussions on lockdown, they've largely been conducted in good faith. I think so anyway.

But I guess you're more pointing towards bigoted views that manifest as political stances rather than just ideology.
I guess that being extremely online for 25 years means you get a handle on who is likely to be an actual bigot, and yeah it's really easy to spot. You post about other things and can actually laugh at yourself, so I've never got that vibe from you.

You're still wrong though.

RossTaylorsBox

This, really. There have been times in the past when I've felt like the line has been crossed wrt bullying, but these recent cases aren't examples of that imo.

Although I guess it could look like it without having the full picture
I think it's really hard to convince people who don't go into the political forum that we're not being dicks for the sake of it.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Any community with longevity like this one will naturally have cliques and at times seem a little insular. But this is also an incredibly supportive community. There's always things we can improve and maybe there should be constructive discussions around that, but I don't think it's fair to say it's intolerant.