• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Question on ban announcements

Spark

Global Moderator
i liked the book tbh. if i had one criticism i think that that the broader political consequences of some more historical bubbles were sometimes treated a bit too quickly, which I guess is understandable, but in the case of railroad mania in particular, it was a little surprising.

edit: @Uppercut's book that is. why did he even get dragged into this anyway?

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
i liked the book tbh. if i had one criticism i think that that the broader political consequences of some more historical bubbles were sometimes treated a bit too quickly, which I guess is understandable, but in the case of railroad mania in particular, it was a little surprising.

edit: @Uppercut's book that is. why did he even get dragged into this anyway?
Yes... but have you written a review on amazon yet?

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Nah we don't belong in the same group by any means. This group members scratch each others' backs and look for a common punching bag. They've now got me after they got rid of SS. A typical bullying group. Someone wrote an obscure economics book, someone did a Maths PhD and they have got a dozen fans who pump their ego thinking these 2-3 guys are some kind of intellectual messiahs. This mini-mob will bully anyone who questions their perceived superiority or anyone who doesn't act as a fan or wannabe friend to the ground. That's the modus operandi.
I find it amazing that this is somehow an attack on people. Its pretty close to the Fox and friends style of argument of picking on smart people because they somehow think they know better! Well, I mean they do. But more precisely, you're basically complaining that 'smart person' makes a solid good faith argument and other people agree because the logic is sound, but you don't get the same treatment when you make arguments that are just ****ty and then back that up by being emotional and playing the victim.

As an aside, I'd be interested in putting a list of posters together next to their qualifications. I bet we'd come up with an incredible list.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I find it amazing that this is somehow an attack on people. Its pretty close to the Fox and friends style of argument of picking on smart people because they somehow think they know better! Well, I mean they do. But more precisely, you're basically complaining that 'smart person' makes a solid good faith argument and other people agree because the logic is sound, but you don't get the same treatment when you make arguments that are just ****ty and then back that up by being emotional and playing the victim.

As an aside, I'd be interested in putting a list of posters together next to their qualifications. I bet we'd come up with an incredible list.
Haha this is such a good post. Absolutely nails it.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I find it amazing that this is somehow an attack on people. Its pretty close to the Fox and friends style of argument of picking on smart people because they somehow think they know better! Well, I mean they do. But more precisely, you're basically complaining that 'smart person' makes a solid good faith argument and other people agree because the logic is sound..
Lol no, I am questioning their smartness. From personal experience, I know many not-so-smart people who have written social science books or completed Maths PhDs. Anyways, not interested in this particular discussion anymore.

Bijed

International Regular
I haven't always agreed with the way discussions and arguments play out on here and I have previously called out the forum as being able to be percieved as cliquey, but I don't think fanyboying self-proclaimed or percieved intellctual superiors is a particular problem this forum has (and I do read most threads on here, even if I post in barely any of them)

Weldone, that wasn't an attempt to draw you back into the discussion by the way - you posted whilst I was writing this