• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Question on ban announcements

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Anyone else find that a member being banned means that they no longer appear in the member list under community? Makes to annoying to find out what they were banned for without reading some horrid threads.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nobody who doesn't read that thread already will know what you are talking about lad.
Just another POV. Someone needed to sit down and have a cuppa and a nice chat with him. That would have solved the problem. Can’t believe his #freedom(TM) has been impinged like this.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Why is Cabinet giving out Ban Annoucements? Can we only have actual real mods do them in future please.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The mrpiggy situation has to be the greatest miscarriage of justice I've ever seen on this forum. And we all lived through watson being treated no better than the Count of Monte Cristo.

I looked over that post history PEWS, I combed it. Apart from referencing jizz I thought it was all in fine order.

Burgey

It seems to me that well established and highly respected CW member ajdude invited MrPiggy's response by invoking a cerebral event himself. I think the reporting of the subsequent post and the ban which followed is very heavy handed. I mean, Shri only copped three months for wishing someone dead. With a bit of rehab you can overcome a stroke. Seems OTT to me tbh.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
It seems to me that well established and highly respected CW member ajdude invited MrPiggy's response by invoking a cerebral event himself. I think the reporting of the subsequent post and the ban which followed is very heavy handed. I mean, Shri only copped three months for wishing someone dead. With a bit of rehab you can overcome a stroke. Seems OTT to me tbh.
Seems like the mods should be sent to rehab, tbh.

Burgey

You know there is a Walkabout in Leeds.........Just saying.
They'er all over the place over there aren't they? I've seen a few of them around but never been in, I mean, why would you when you're traveling and all. I presume they're a pretty terrible take on what's meant to be an Australian country pub?

So, still better than anything else in England (and I literally mean anything), but not a patch on the real thing.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Walkabout used to piss me off... was one of the few places you could go try watch some decent rugby when the tri-nations was on, and you would get there to find the place was full of some football nobs watching some 3rd division club match.