• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Question on ban announcements

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just reading through the cooking/ food thread. There was a poster called cavin12 who made one completely innocuous post in it on 27 March and was then banned. Was it a bot or a multi?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Just reading through the cooking/ food thread. There was a poster called cavin12 who made one completely innocuous post in it on 27 March and was then banned. Was it a bot or a multi?
Bot. When you see someone make a really generic post in a thread that probably exists in similar forms across hundreds of forums and then get banned, great chance it was a bot or hired spammer. They make a few posts like that and then edit their signature to contain a spam link weeks later so the mods don't see the sig but the members, lurkers and search engine bots looking at the thread weeks later do.

trundler

At my recent rate that's 8 dollars a day. That converts to 1,308 rupees actually.

Interesting..

Burgey

Bot. When you see someone make a really generic post in a thread that probably exists in similar forms across hundreds of forums and then get banned, great chance it was a bot or hired spammer. They make a few posts like that and then edit their signature to contain a spam link weeks later so the mods don't see the sig but the members, lurkers and search engine bots looking at the thread weeks later do.
Bloody hell.

Shows you what people will do for a quid I suppose. And the business employing them must be generating some revenue from it which I actually find more astonishing than someone sitting there being paid to do it.

Test_Fan_Only

First Class Debutant
Thank you to the moderators for upholding the rules and banning me. I now know my views on fake cricket are not welcome here, which is the prerogative of the forum owners, so I will shut up about those views. However it would be helpful to have it written somewhere that negative views of shorter forms of cricket are not welcome on the forum.

I would like some consistency in how the rules are upheld. I have been subject to a campaign of harassment by sledger ever since I joined the forum and have reported a number of harassing posts but nothing has been done. If I deserved a ban for my post(s), not saying I did not, then surely sledger has done enough in posts harassing me to also have earned a ban. Why has this not happened?

cnerd123

likes this
I too want to know why Sledger hasn't been banned yet

Good question TFO

I hope the mods can address this reasonable enquiry in a professional manner

cpr

International Coach
I would like some consistency in how the rules are upheld. I have been subject to a campaign of harassment by sledger ever since I joined the forum and have reported a number of harassing posts but nothing has been done. If I deserved a ban for my post(s), not saying I did not, then surely sledger has done enough in posts harassing me to also have earned a ban. Why has this not happened?

In public school they call it hazing....

Also any view is welcome, no matter how bad (see the politics subbie/Ikki's post history), it just gets infracted when
A) it's every post, no matter what the topic at hand is and
B) it also includes insults to people who don't prescribe to your viewpoint

It's perfectly possible to support dodgy and ineffective things (we've a lot of Arsenal fans, after all), if either done in a respectful manner or by platinum lounge members

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
It's possible to insult people and be a general all around cad without getting a ban. When you reach the point where one more infraction will lead to a ban you just let the oldest points expire before posting another insult. Alternatively just do what sledger does and say you left your computer on while logged into Cricket Web and whilst out of the room your sister posted stuff on your behalf for a laugh.