• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Question on ban announcements

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
For example, HB is a reasonably decent (if ridiculously over sensitive when it suits him) fella and not bad value in OT, but he has no clue at all about cricket
There is data to prove this is wrong. HB is almost a wizard. He has backed so many cricketers at early stages that none of us would (e.g. Shardul, Washington) and he has been proven right. #HBIsNeverWrong

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There is data to prove this is wrong. HB is almost a wizard. He has backed so many cricketers at early stages that none of us would (e.g. Shardul, Washington) and he has been proven right. #HBIsNeverWrong
He backs blokes out of a Tamil Nadu whether they’re good, bad or indifferent though.

Burgey

Was it 17-3? Must’ve felt like a bad dream. Or like waking up to an Australian batting performance.
Would take 17-3 in most conditions with the Australian line up atm.

not entirely sure what the score ended up tbh, but I’ll trust your recollection given you reference so often you must have it taped to your bedroom ceiling ?

Burgey

I just think the ignore function detracts too much from the joy of the forum. If someone annoys you, then you just ignore the posts which are annoying you at that time or jump in and try to drive them off the forum or into having some sort of melt down. That’s where the value lies.
But i think if you actually have someone on ignore, you run the risk of missing rare gold when they might post something decent or mildly amusing.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
The first and foremost that I love about this forum more than cricket and anything else is how so many members from different countries and different races are being so amicable here and discuss in a mature way, either cricket or anything else.

I consider a lot of people here as friends irrespective of where they come from and I believe that's the case for most others too.

Let us continue to maintain that forum atmosphere and not have a race war please. This discussion is getting extremely unpleasant.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Only thing I'd like to add is it's not really a feud if it's more one sided than Burgey's loss to Daemon
Constantly ****ting on him for feuding with him is arguably just how you've decided to play the feud tbf.

I do agree he's more attached to it for whatever reason though.

cnerd123

likes this
I don't even remember what started this trundler vs GAS feud. Two perfectly harmless posters who would probably get along great if not for this dumb internet drama.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Constantly ****ting on him for feuding with him is arguably just how you've decided to play the feud tbf.

I do agree he's more attached to it for whatever reason though.
In fairness to trundler, he doesn’t bring up GAS until specifically provoked after I warned him during the initial ****fight.

I mostly find the ‘feud’ hilarious though.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Now that everyone has calmed down can we just remark on how Teja decided to become an actual moderator ten years after getting the job? Wag.

infinitely preferable to someone staying as a mod despite never posting ofc

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
In fairness to trundler, he doesn’t bring up GAS until specifically provoked after I warned him during the initial ****fight.
Yeah it obviously is pretty one sided these days. I didn't mean to actually imply otherwise - I was making a joke about meta arguments that kinda failed.

I mostly find the ‘feud’ hilarious though.
Same. It's so rancid and between good members otherwise that it almost feels like it's bit from GAS sometimes.