• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Quality control draft 2.0

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Round 1. FIGHT

There were 17 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

1. Pothas
  2. Nintendo
  3. stephen
  4. Himannv
  5. mr_mister
  6. ataraxia
  7. weeman27bob
  8. BoyBrumby
  9. honestbharani
  10. Fuller Pilch
  11. Teuton
  12. ankitj
  13. trundler
  14. Michaelf7777777
  15. kingkallis
  16. srbhkshk
  17. JOJOXI
    Timestamp: 2020-10-13 23:00:55 UTC

mr_mister

Oh, and it will be 14 hours per pick for the first 3 picks. Then 7 hours per pick for the rest of the draft.

mr_mister

Oh, on the off chance a player had an equal amount of innings at say, 7 and 8(and they were the most frequent positions they batted) then whichever batting position they batted most at next will determine if they bat top 7 or 8-11(likely 6 or 9 in this hypothetical scenario)

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
Oh, on the off chance a player had an equal amount of innings at say, 7 and 8(and they were the most frequent positions they batted) then whichever batting position they batted most at next will determine if they bat top 7 or 8-11(likely 6 or 9 in this hypothetical scenario)
Nice that's clarified, had literally come back on this thread to ask that very question!

AndrewB

International Vice-Captain
There are players where that won't break the tie (e.g. Shujauddin, whose numbers of innings at each position are 2, 2, 1, 3, 0, 3, 8, 8, 3, 1, 1).
I'll be honest - I can't see any who are very likely to be picked by anyone.

mr_mister

There are players where that won't break the tie (e.g. Shujauddin, whose numbers of innings at each position are 2, 2, 1, 3, 0, 3, 8, 8, 3, 1, 1).
if it doesnt break the tie, then you will go onto the next most frequent batting position until you break the tie. if you keep going and eventually cant break the tie like in the case of Shujauddin... then I guess you just choose where you want to play them

ataraxia

International Coach
Pretty sure Shujauddin would bat in the top 7 - both 2s are in the top 7. Either that or he bats at the top 7 because there is no tie for 11th place.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Is there a better tool than statsguru for checking how many matches have been played at a certain position? Was just rereading rules and realised position is determined by innings in a position and not matches, and statsguru seems to only show matches. Only asking because I'm unsure if hadlee played more innings at 7 or 8.

Edit:Figured it out, nvm.

ataraxia

International Coach
Is there a better tool than statsguru for checking how many matches have been played at a certain position. Was just rereading rules and realised position is determined by innings in a position and not matches, and statsguru seems to only show matches. Only asking because I'm insure if hadlee played more innings at 7 or 8.
I use Howstat for this.

Here's Hadlee's for example: here.