• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pura Cup Final Thread

chris.hinton

International Captain
The final will be Between New South Wales And Queensland

The New South wales team as follows(13)

Steve Waugh ( C )
Michael Slater
Greg Mail
Simon Katich
Michael Clarke
Mark Waugh
Brad Haddin
Stuart MacGill
Don Nash
Stuart Clark
Doug Bollinger
Shawn Bradstreet
Mark Cameron

I Suppose that Cameron and Nash will drop out.

Queensland: Have not named there squad yet

Question: Should the Pura Cup been put back to after the World Cup?
Also how big is it?

COME ON NEW SOUTH WALES

Andre

International Regular
The Pura Cup final is held around this time every year, and pretty much all the time without the international players so there is no reason to hold it back.

It's a big game, the biggest game in Australia's domestic calender - hence the 5 days rather than 4.

For a match preview, you can go here - www.cricketweb.net/articles/EpuZVVlykyfOlXljRj.shtml

Last edited:

The Argonaut

State Vice-Captain
The toss will decide this game. There has been so much rain up here lately that the pitch will be quite green. The captain who wins the toss will bowl. Qld has the superior bowling attack and should fire them out if they bowl first. Noffke and Kasprowicz are in great form along with Dawes if fully fit. Last week's result won't impact on this game asthe spinners shouldn't be as effective.

The Argonaut

State Vice-Captain
I'm a good judge. Qld won the toss and bowled first. After getting Mail out for 2 it's been one way traffic for NSW. 1/140 at the rain break. The pitch must be better than anticipated.

Ponting_Rules

Cricket Spectator
go nsw! so who is in now and how much is each person on, i hope steve and mark waugh plus michael clarke get big scores!!!!!

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
the rain is good, i wouldnt mind seeing it rain for 5 days, helps out the farmers and gets queensland the title.

Ponting_Rules

Cricket Spectator
holy ****e, who has the top score for them then. hopefully someone at least got a fifity. and i hope they can bowl good aswell!!!!!

Ponting_Rules

Cricket Spectator
damn, i just read the scorecard in the paper. at least katich and and slater got more than fifty, hopefully we can still win!!!!

Andre

International Regular
Queensland all out for 84, MacGill 5/16.

The Blues are now looking a good bet to bring the title home and finish with the ING/Pura Cup double.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
nah QLD won the last one, and the one before that, and the one before that, and NSW should beat them twice in 2 weeks

The Argonaut

State Vice-Captain
Well done to NSW. Qld was never in it especially after their dismal first innings effort. The batting hasn't really fired all season. Love might have been good against England but was not great in the Pura Cup matches. The bowling though has been superb with Dawes, Kaspar and Noffke getting a lot of wickets.

Still I wish someone would give MacGill a bullet. His attitude is way off.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The Argonaut said:
Still I wish someone would give MacGill a bullet. His attitude is way off.
Harsh. but fair
although from all reports he did bowl very well, 5/16 in the first innings was a fairly good effort.