• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Provisional Dutch Squad Named

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Samuel_Vimes said:
Make that eight.
haha, i think hes actually got a few more than that, i just misread something, just his form lately has been woeful, but a double against Mainz on the weekend helps i guess...

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
looking at Stam & Seedorf in the game so far vs Barcelona not a big follower of the dutch but are they really so much passed it?

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Stam retired after the EC.
Seedorf has to big a ego, they reckon, wont work for the team, while the rest will ?

Craig

World Traveller
And turns out he was knocking up one of Ronaldo's ex-wives?

Thank god they are not at Inter any more.

Craig

World Traveller
broncoman said:
haha, i think hes actually got a few more than that, i just misread something, just his form lately has been woeful, but a double against Mainz on the weekend helps i guess...
Yeah I know considering they are rumoured to be bringing in Cristiano Locatelli from Livorno to replace him, so make that of what you will.

Craig

World Traveller
broncoman said:
Huntelaar is a quality player, he obviously wont be picked in front of RVN or Kuijt, but he should be there in the squad somewhere...
I know he only joined them in January but surely the bigger clubs will be watching and he could leave if a good offer is made?

Simon

Craig said:
I know he only joined them in January but surely the bigger clubs will be watching and he could leave if a good offer is made?
theres every chance of it, he was banging them in at Herenveen and now at Ajax, its a shame henever really got much of a chance when he was with PSV :@

i would be interested to see how he'd go in a bigger league, i think hed score a lot of goals, he has a natural flair for it, imo he just needs to be wise about which club to go to, unlike Mateja Kezman...

Simon

Craig said:
Yeah I know considering they are rumoured to be bringing in Cristiano Locatelli from Livorno to replace him, so make that of what you will.
Podolski is going to bayern isnt he? if Makaay leaves i imagine thats just a straight swap...

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Craig said:
Don't you mean Cristiano Lucarelli? Thomas Locatelli plays for Siena. Also I would be surprised if Lucarelli left Livorno, the guy is a life long Livorno fan and a hardcore communist, that he be allowed by FC Bayern to lift his shirt up and show pictures of Lenin and co.

Craig

World Traveller
TT Boy said:
Don't you mean Cristiano Lucarelli? Thomas Locatelli plays for Siena. Also I would be surprised if Lucarelli left Livorno, the guy is a life long Livorno fan and a hardcore communist, that he be allowed by FC Bayern to lift his shirt up and show pictures of Lenin and co.
Che Guevara is his hero and it was funny when he had his whinge about the lack of help from referee's because they are communists.

People like Veron has a tattoo of him and you will remember Anelka was wereing a shirt of him in 2004 (I think).

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Craig said:
According to the Bundesliga website he has 16 :wacko:
Heh. I noticed he scored two against Mainz and wanted to add it on to Si's total. Si then realised his total was wrong in the first place. ;)

Simon

he hasnt scored many lately though and given van basten's other choices its not really that much of a shock...

Craig

World Traveller
marc71178 said:
Darren Bent scores goals regularly, but I can't see him being crucial to England's plans.
Although he has pretty much scored double or close to many goals as Bent has, and that is at two clubs.

Has anybody seen more of the Bundesliga? I see the highlights on it every week on Eurosport news and they often show Rafael van der Vaart having a hand in a goal for Hamburg or scoring one and they are now in second spot and set for the Champions League so I can only assume he is been crucial to their success?

I must admit I was surprised he went to Germany.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Craig said:
Although he has pretty much scored double or close to many goals as Bent has, and that is at two clubs.

Has anybody seen more of the Bundesliga? I see the highlights on it every week on Eurosport news and they often show Rafael van der Vaart having a hand in a goal for Hamburg or scoring one and they are now in second spot and set for the Champions League so I can only assume he is been crucial to their success?

I must admit I was surprised he went to Germany.

van der Vaart season has been pretty much injured hit and his lack of pace is alarming for a kid so young, technically fantastic but no strength or no pace. It was no real surprise to see him go to Germany his development has been pretty much hampered with injuries and poor temperament.

Speaking of van der Vaart, this is probably the best thing he has done this season...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DE2pQvAjCVQ&search=van der Vaart
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipf8HY7nRoE&search=van der Vaart

Last edited: