• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Proposal for Dev League Season 8

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
can't wait for it kick off.
good amount of time before that kicks off..

and i doubt we would be doing much in shuffling players.. we certainly dont want to do that because players need to build around a team and grow into it etc..

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Liam does have an external life to live!

We're also looking at getting my new sim reading and running for the OD games.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Personal Contracts

I think we should give every player a contract for X seasons to a team and after that a different team can try to get him to sign to their contract; For every play a team loses like this it gets a new sign-up in replacement.
I will give an example scenario.

Marc Robbins of Cricket Web Falcons(A small idea for team names coming up) has 1 season left on his contract to the Falcons, Cricket Web Eagles offer him a 3 season contract, but to join at the end of the season. This deal may be announced anytime up to 2 weeks before the end of the season the Falcons will then get a new sign-up into their team ; This is known as the Jamee system :P.

However David Watt has a 3 year contract to Cricket Web Hawks but Cricket Web Albatrosses want him, They offer A Massive Zebra in exchange for Watt.
This is known as the Transfer system. Both players will have to agree on a contract at their new club, this transfer can happen either immediatly or at the end of the season.

The Hawks, Eagles,Falcons,Albatrosses and Parrots would be good names as well.

Last edited:

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
i would like to see personal contracts put in place, the problem comes with each team needing a manager, or someone who is permanantly in that side - a balance also must be maintained so we dont have 1 side dominating too much.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
age_master said:
i would like to see personal contracts put in place, the problem comes with each team needing a manager, or someone who is permanantly in that side - a balance also must be maintained so we dont have 1 side dominating too much.
We could have a mix. If we could get Richard to manage one, Liam and Reuben to manage 2 others, and then 2 captains on 5 Season Contracts.

I like the Kestrels idea. Hawks,Eagles,Falcons,Albatrosses and Kestrals sounds good.

Another idea is(for 4) Air,Fire,Water,Earth or Eagles,Dragons,Sharks,Vipers and Tigers.

The coaches idea could be Richard,Liam,Reuben,Marc,Age.