• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Proposal for Dev League Season 8

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
I sure hope so...I don't know how long I could stand it if Jamee's ideas came to fruition

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Some brief thoughts on things I would think would make the sim more realistic and dynamic (will expand when I have the time) :-

1. Team owners who are essentially esteemed non playing and trusted people of CW. They change very rarely.

2. Managers - hired by owners who are also non playing who may be sacked as in football. They set the player cotracts and negotiate etc.

3. Each CW team starts with a spefic level of income it already has (say 10,00,000 CW money). Players have specific contract amounts and the like

4. Players can be traded as in the NBA

5. Basic structure of incomes and expenses are srawn up and efficiently managing a team would mean to handle the players and the expenses too properly. Handling the team would entail every thing including team selections.

6. New owners may be asked to start teams with a lower CW money to start off with. It will give prospective people wanting to try their ownership skills to work. Owners can over rule managers as is doen in Real Madrid allegedly.

This idea gives CW World much more dynamism and offers retired players a hand at managing and eventually even owning a team.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pratyush said:
Some brief thoughts on things I would think would make the sim more realistic and dynamic (will expand when I have the time) :-

1. Team owners who are essentially esteemed non playing and trusted people of CW. They change very rarely.

2. Managers - hired by owners who are also non playing who may be sacked as in football. They set the player cotracts and negotiate etc.

3. Each CW team starts with a spefic level of income it already has (say 10,00,000 CW money). Players have specific contract amounts and the like

5. Basic structure of incomes and expenses are srawn up and efficiently managing a team would mean to handle the players and the expenses too properly. Handling the team would entail every thing including team selections.

6. New owners may be asked to start teams with a lower CW money to start off with. It will give prospective people wanting to try their ownership skills to work. Owners can over rule managers as is doen in Real Madrid allegedly.

This idea gives CW World much more dynamism and offers retired players a hand at managing and eventually even owning a team.
I like all of those suggestions except for point4. I don't mind the idea of trading, but it would be better to be at the end of the season rather than a designated date during the season.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Pratyush said:

No. Money was the one thing I steered away from. They do WCC without money so we don't need it in CWXI, contracts give time to build a team.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
the idea that is coming now is very simiar to other Fantasy sports simmings the idea of a manager who is a non player that chooses the team and contracts etc etc.
I like that idea in this sim to, but i think we should go to a football like transfer system...and a set transfer fee per season depending on how good the team did
so that will make that when you win the 25smash you will get a nice amount of money.
just an idea :) from a newbie :D

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The problem with money is that it may cause rifts between players and disputes over player worth etc. If possible that should be steered clear of and player worth be considered in a more abstract form.

The idea of transfers is a good one, but as for non-playing managers, I don't think we'll be able to find that many as those interested in the CW XI at all tend to sign up for it, thus negating their eligibility.

If someone can come up with names for willing potential managers, the ideas listed above will be considered.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The key there is are they willing. I somewhat doubt James or Andre will have the time and that Mr Ponting will be on CW enough to do it competently.

Loony BoB

International Captain
I like the idea put forward by Pratyush a lot. I think the money bit should be fine, too. I would hope that people accept that this is all just a sim and therefore getting upset over anything is absoloutely stupid on your own part. :p

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Nah, no money for me - overcomplicates it unneccesarily.

The captains can fulfil the only managerial role that's really needed - transfers.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
The problem with money is that it may cause rifts between players and disputes over player worth etc. If possible that should be steered clear of and player worth be considered in a more abstract form.

yeah having players worth a specific amount would probably just end up causing problems.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
As we aim for more realism etc.. we dont want to complicate things further.. need to keep it simple along with a few good changes to keep things running well.. like praytush you have some good ideas.. but i doubt it can be incorporated because of its complex nature..

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
As a simulation league, I would want it to be as real as possible. Bringing in new things doesnt necessarily have to make it complex.

If we look at the idea of the whole CW XI Liam thought of initially, it does look very complex but it is really very simple.

Similarly, if we do bring in some money, standardised that is, like say if your average has been X, you can demand 4000 CW money on an average. Based on the number of teams wanting your services and the money constraint they face, it would come down or go up.

The ideas seem complex but with a little bit of work, can be effective as well as simple. No use making things complex though making things dnamic, keeping them simple, would make the sim much more realistic and wonderful.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
still, his point is clear, although im a newbie is this i think its a great idea

Loony BoB

International Captain
Just noting, if the money idea (and using a salary cap, obviously) was considered, I imagine that a salary would either be decided by overal skill rating or else it would be "We'll give you this much - do you accept?" kind of stuff. In other words, it'd work kind of like an auction - much like football in the UK or whatever else. Obviously you need to pay the big bucks to get players away from their preferred team etc. that way, which would make it more fair to individuals instead of just being tossed around. Contracts would be simple - going by the first option, they get the current skill rating and find the appropriate 'price' and guarantee to pay that price for the next x years. They can either lose or gain from this depending on how the players form would go on. No player can argue with the "skill rating = salary" style, which I think would be best. Although having said that, I'm not sure if the sims we use have skill ratings used for ODI's, so we'd just have to go with test skill ratings only. That's the one downside, but at least it's something that's set in stone so nobody can really complain about someone being worth more than them. If the sim says you're worth more, you're worth more - and that's final.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Aren't they published at the end of every domestic season anyway? I check them whenever they're released throughout the seasons.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
No, that's career averages. That's different to simming averages, I think.

Of course, we could make up some kind of salary formulae dependent on former averages...

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
and it will be easy once we made that formula.
i really like the idea of contracts and stuff :)