• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

PROPOSAL- 2 home grounds

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i have talked to rich about this and he said post it in the forum and see what you people think.

I think each team should have 2 home grounds. You would get to decide which of you grounds your match is played on if you are the home team.
* you would have to nominate which ground the match will be played on before either team announces their team.
* you may get to decide the ground conditions of your second ground at the start
* you would have to use each ground the same amount of times each in the season.

The reason i propose this is to give some kind of home ground advantage. If you are hosting a team that has a good line up of spinners but not many quicks one of your grounds may suit fast bowling, so you would choose to play your match there.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
i dont mind either way, i just set my pitch to best suit my team, ignoring what the other team is doing etc

nibbs

International Captain
I love it. Its a great idea. I have had plans of building a new stadium, so this idea would be perfect. You'll be able to see plans of it soon, when I finally get my Warwickshire site up and running!

tomay the great

Cricket Spectator
i think it will get a little too confusing. People will have to be there at the start of each round with their pitch conditions otherwise the opponents will post their team first. I don't like making a game too complicated because most of the time you find it more fun when its simple.

my two cents.

deckard

U19 Captain
Im against it. As Tomay said the home side would have to post their team at the start of the week which may not suit most people. Plus having only 1 home ground makes it more difficult when it comes to strategy, because if we have 2 grounds i bet most of the ppl here will have a turning pitch and a pitch for fast bowlers.

nibbs

International Captain
One thing I am hoping to do is change my stadium. But a new one in its place. I hate Edgbaston (spl???), its a hole. I would like to change to a new ground. This would change nothing, except that Warwickshire would play at, for enstance, "Muzza Stadium" instead of the so called ground of Edgbasto. I think this would be cool, but then again, someones likely to disagree....

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Looks far too complicated if you add this in.

And what happens to thaose that don't announce which ground they're using? Some people have enough problems announing a team on time!

As for changing grounds, if you don't like the ground, why take on the job?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Looks far too complicated if you add this in.

And what happens to thaose that don't announce which ground they're using? Some people have enough problems announing a team on time!

As for changing grounds, if you don't like the ground, why take on the job?

aditya

U19 Vice-Captain
I think there should be at least 2 diff ground condition for FD and OD which should be decided in the beginning of the season.This should be implemented as many players are good in one form of the game and avg in other form like there are many bowlers who are exceptional in OD but crap in FD.So if 2 ground conditions are there then it will be better like if someone wants spin for 4D and pace for OD.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
But surely that removes some of the skill - if you have to play in one condition only that requires a better selection of players.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
All this slagging off of Edgebaston...why? Muzza have you ever been there? I went there last year and I watched a great day of a good match and had a nice glass of Cider and saw loads of famous cricketers...it's not a bad ground at all. So why are you calling it a hole? As for Muzza Stadium...that's just silly! :lol:

Oh and I'm not really up for the idea. Too complicated. We need to simplify WCC rather than add new rules for the hell of it. Sorry Si.

Last edited:

Umpire Money

State Vice-Captain
i say we should have one pitch and one or two pitch conditions(without change) because then we can see who picked the best conditions to suit themselves and not the other teams.

besides we dont see teams going to a place and then the officials come out and say "no no down the road mate"

we also dont see team captains going through the process of making the pitch(ooh no thats too bouncy we cant have that how will warney get spin get the roller out)

so random pitch conditions would be rather good. add to the flavour as you would have to change you side each week showing the variation in your team.

nibbs

International Captain
Perhaps allow more changes to pitch settings, instead of the current one point rule. Maybe three points...

Graham

3rd Umpire
The only change to the 'pitch conditions' rule I'd support is that each aspect (pace/movement/turn) be allowed to be altered by one each week.

And by the way, the important question of which conditions suit which type of pace bowler was never answered. I assume that pace suits Fast bowlers (FM too?) while movement suits Medium bowlers (MF too?).

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
If you are allowed to change it by 3 at any one time, that allows managers who've made bad decisions at the beginning to get away with it too quickly.

The 1 at a time move to me more realistically reflects how much a pitch can change each week with a realistic groundsman's workload.

nibbs

International Captain
marc71178 said:

The 1 at a time move to me more realistically reflects how much a pitch can change each week with a realistic groundsman's workload.
What if we have portable pitchs? You could have a whole lot out the back. Also its worth considering there isn't just one groundsman. There are always helpers.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Almost none of the grounds used in the WCC have the facility for drop ins, and it would be unfair for only a couple of teams to be able to use them.

Added to that, how do we simulate that type of pitch, they're still not playing properly.