• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Progressive team of the series

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Leach was under intense pressure. Not suggesting the Victoria Cross, but number 11 facing a high quality bowling attack on the last day of a Test supporting the last recognised batsman is not a “doddle” by any known definition, irrespective of the low number of balls he faced.

Victor Ian

International Coach
Leach was genius in that innings in the way he rotated the strike to keep himself at the other end for all but 17 balls out of 10 overs. A truly great tailender performance.

Victor Ian

International Coach
As at day three, fourth test:

Burns
Some bloke off the street walking past with his dog
Root
Smith.exe
Labuschagne
Stokes
Bairstow
Cummins
Broad
Lyon
Hazlewood

12th: Archer
Love the Smith.exe. This needs to be a thing. I am now consciously reading the scorecards with .exe appended. It's so much better.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Love the Smith.exe. This needs to be a thing. I am now consciously reading the scorecards with .exe appended. It's so much better.
I wish to make it clear it is not something I came up with, but rather someone (I can't recall whom) mentioned it and I readily admit I've run with it ever since.

Anyway, updated as of 4th test:

Burns
Denly
Labushagne
Smith.exe
Root
Stokes
Paine (c)(+)
Cummins
Broad
Lyon
Hazlewood

12th: Patto, Leach or Overton, with Lyon on notice. Archer gone backwards this test imho.

Burgey

That side is actually starting to resemble a vaguely form batting side, with only Root and Denly being relatively hit and miss this series. The other three int he op six have been relatively consistent.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I think its time to go an all pace attack, 4 of the top 6 can bowl some spin.

Burns
Denly
Labushagne
Smith.exe
Root
Stokes
Paine (c)(+)
Cummins
Archer
Broad
Hazlewood

Im finding Paine v Bairstow the hardest. It was easier to just copy paste with Paine, so ill leave that.

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

Well all this game has done is cement the places of most of the side.

Burns
Denly
Root?????
Smith
Labia
Stokes
Bairstow/Paine both crap
Cummins
Archer
Lyon
Broad/Hazlewood depending on nationality or pitch.

hazsa19

International Regular
My team of the series;

Root- (he’s basically been an opener and has done ok with his four 50’s).
Burns
Labuschagne
Smith
Stokes
Buttler
Paine (c)- slightly less bad than Root with the captaincy and just as meh with the gloves and bat as Bairstow
Cummins
Lyon
Archer- harsh on Broad, but I think Archer carried more of a threat for longer throughout the innings
Hazlewood

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Burns
Denly
Smith 2
Smith 1
Root
Stokes
Wade+
Cummins
Archer
Broad
Hazlewood

Root and Smith 2 to share the spin duties

Jack1

International Debutant
Burns
Denly
Smith 2
Smith 1
Root
Stokes
Wade+
Cummins
Archer
Broad
Hazlewood

Root and Smith 2 to share the spin duties
Struggling to argue with that. It's hard to make room for Leach or Lyon. You might have hit the nail on the head with that team.