• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Prithvi Shaw

Will Prithvi Shaw end up with the greats with 50 international centuries

• Yes

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nah, Kohli's better than Dravid and he'll get the figures to prove it by the end of his career.

Sachin's still some way off.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Nah, Kohli's better than Dravid and he'll get the figures to prove it by the end of his career.

I agree with that too. I am just saying that the comparison is quite similar. Though Sachin was clearly better , there were few who argued that Dravid was the better batsman during their playing days.

Burner

International Regular
Thought Kohli was?
I meant it more in the sense that he's breaking out in his teenage years and is going to score truckload of runs by the time he's done. Even if he's not Tendulkar abroad, he's going to be a rock at home and those runs will be scored.

trundler

An Indian CW sage. Well respected. An old timer who's been watching cricket from the 70s, I gather..

OverratedSanity

I agree with you but maintaining figures like these is pretty ****ing difficult. Dravid was averaging almost 60 a decade into his career. Whether kohli can maintain his numbers into his mid 30s remains to be seen, only the true greats can sustain it for that long and shouldn't be taken for granted.

vcs

Yes, that's true. Dravid's numbers upto 2006 were so good. Was incredible between 2002-06, and always great in England.

OverratedSanity

Yes, that's true. Dravid's numbers upto 2006 were so good. Was incredible between 2002-06, and always great in England.
Also had a much better start to his career than kohli. Averaged almost 50 in the 4 years he played in the 90s with excellent away performances. Kohli until 2016 had had a pretty disappointing career for how talented he clearly was.

I do think this current peak of his is better than dravid's 02-06 and honestly if he keeps it up a few more years may be better than Sachin's late 90s peak too. There are plenty of superb pace attacks these days and he's been dominating them.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Wow - didn't know until I just checked that Tendulkar ended with the higher career average.