• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pool D - Australia, Wales, Georgia, Fiji, Uruguay

Which 2 teams will qualify for the Quarter Finals?

• Total voters

Howe_zat

Audio File
Uruguay-Fiji was fun at the time (and worth it for the Uruguayan captains interview alone) but imagine how much more would be on this game if Fiji hadn't lost that.

Spark

Global Moderator
Uruguay-Fiji was fun at the time (and worth it for the Uruguayan captains interview alone) but imagine how much more would be on this game if Fiji hadn't lost that.
Plenty on this game, what are you talking about :ph34r:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i know we've been saying this for over 20 years but if fiji were fit enough to play 80 minutes they'd be scary
They're too bad at what they're bad at to consistently compete, but they're SO good at what they're good at.

Flem274*

123/5
oof, that's terrible

wales chances really being hit this game regardless of the result. the brutality will be taking its toll on both teams and we're not even in the knock outs.

Flem274*

123/5
They're too bad at what they're bad at to consistently compete, but they're SO good at what they're good at.
nah their set piece has come on leaps and bounds and their general organisation. they're trying to get the forward pods going here, they're just gassed.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
nah their set piece has come on leaps and bounds and their general organisation. they're trying to get the forward pods going here, they're just gassed.
I think their defence is getting worse though. 30 points conceded to Uruguay and today they're constantly either giving up yards or giving away daft penalties on the first or second phase.

Flem274*

123/5
I think their defence is getting worse though. 30 points conceded to Uruguay and today they're constantly either giving up yards or giving away daft penalties on the first or second phase.
no the discipline has always been this bad, and the defence issues are from their lack of fitness.

i think it all stems from having their top side all playing in random comps around the globe and their clubs not managing them like the super rugby sides get ordered to manage their internationals, and then when the top side comes together they've barely played since the previous wc.

a lot of japans development is due to jamie josephs gaming the system and putting a solid chunk of japans test side in the sunwolves b side which he is coach of.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
no the discipline has always been this bad, and the defence issues are from their lack of fitness.

i think it all stems from having their top side all playing in random comps around the globe and their clubs not managing them like the super rugby sides get ordered to manage their internationals, and then when the top side comes together they've barely played since the previous wc.

a lot of japans development is due to jamie josephs gaming the system and putting a solid chunk of japans test side in the sunwolves b side which he is coach of.
That one was just sloppiness though.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Wallabies seem so bad at retaining possession from the kick-off immediately after scoring. The better teams will punish us (if we can score against them)

Howe_zat

Audio File
Koriobete has been Australia's stand out back in the tournament and it was unlikely anyone in the Georgian equivalents was going to tackle him. Their defence has been pretty exposed in this world cup.

Fairly amazed that it has taken the Aussie backs an hour to send a bloke straight through them but I expect we will see a few more scores now that they've broken the deadlock.

ripper868

International Coach
Just saw short highlights (meetings all day :()

Koroibete try looked lovely, but itll take more than a piece of individual brilliance off the back of scrappy ball to beat England. Swift QF exit coming up sadly.

Edit: pretty happy 3 tries came from players in my fantasy side, with an assist for Tupou...every bit helps!