• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pool D - Australia, Wales, Georgia, Fiji, Uruguay

Which 2 teams will qualify for the Quarter Finals?

• Total voters

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I agree with you on that Uppercut, was backwards out the hands, momentum takes it forward. Good thing they scores 2 mins later. Owen's lucky that the Fiji played didnt land on his head, worthy of a yellow...come on fiji!
That's good because I don't exactly know the rules inside out and was worried I was talking absolute bollocks.

Spark

Global Moderator
Wallabies performance against Wales was awful and this game is proving it

Wales will run them down due to fitness but they ain’t good
We didn't need the last game to know that the Wallabies aren't much good.

Uppercut

It's been a pretty good WC so far but I wonder if it'll become one defined by a lot of games being decided by cards while they make the necessary adjustments to make the game safe.

Howe_zat

Audio File
It's been a pretty good WC so far but I wonder if it'll become one defined by a lot of games being decided by cards while they make the necessary adjustments to make the game safe.
The cards framework as it is has been in place for the last two years and it didn't have a massive impact on last years' autumn games or six nations.

Can't blame the rules for players losing their heads.

Uppercut

The cards framework as it is has been in place for the last two years and it didn't have a massive impact on last years' autumn games or six nations.

Can't blame the rules for players losing their heads.
True but the next-level intensity of a WC makes those types of infringement more likely.

I wouldn't blame the rules for anything tbh. They needed to change and they did.

ripper868

International Coach
Volavola having a nightmare, Fiji just lacking a bit of class at 10 like they had with Nicky Little steering the ship

ripper868

International Coach
Disappointed fiji didnt use that pen at half time to kick long and see if they could at least get 3 points heading in to the half...that said, 2 yellows will take the legs out of you, so probably fair to just head to the sheds.

Flem274*

123/5
fiji running out of gas here

lol at socials post. wales are quality, but fiji in the first half are scary in space and will always provide massive hits on d. since they've been starving fiji of ball they've been slowly crushing the life from them like a typical home nations side.

wales did look terrified in the first 10 minutes, so it's sad that fun is ending.

Flem274*

123/5
i know we've been saying this for over 20 years but if fiji were fit enough to play 80 minutes they'd be scary

ripper868

International Coach
Some of these forward pass calls...I mean, yeah the ball travels forward, but the call is made on the hands...if he doesn't get tackled that's play on for mine.