• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pool D - Argentina, France, Georgia, Ireland, Namibia

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
I notice you had a Predicted a French win by 25 points...:laugh:

I am pleased I was 25 points closer to the reasult than you were.:happy:

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I notice you had a Predicted a French win by 25 points...:laugh:

I am pleased I was 25 points closer to the reasult than you were.:happy:
Yeah I did predict a French victory, but I wanted an Argentinian one. I'm not the one going around bull****ting that you predicted Argentina would win.

Matteh

I predicted that the stock market would shoot up in 1929. It didn't, but it nearly did, so i was right.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Complete shock to start the tournament, I always felt that France would eventually wake up and sneak the victory but not to be, didn't help with Michalak and Skrela missing easy kicks mid-way through the second half. At the end of the day I feel Argentina's tactics were far superior to France's. The constant up-and-unders from Hernandez and Felipe Contepomi allowed Argentina to contest and gain easy territory and their game plan was most effective. Even so, France only have themselves to blame and I certainly hope they put in a better effort against an Irish side who will no doubt fancy their chances of qualifying after seeing the French play this morning.

Steulen

International Regular
Brilliant win by the Pumas. Midway through the second half, when the French had that drving pack coming within inches of the tryline, I thought Argenitna would go down. But when they survived that, you could just see them grow, while the French reverted to all-out panic play.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Brilliant win by the Pumas. Midway through the second half, when the French had that drving pack coming within inches of the tryline, I thought Argenitna would go down. But when they survived that, you could just see them grow, while the French reverted to all-out panic play.
Surprised it didn't work out for em.

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
Terrible preformance from us not looking good for the future but still believe we can get back to preforming like we should.
Will be gutted if we dont make it out of the group.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I would'nt know the Arg team all that well was it a strong team tonight?
Ish. Think there were about six changes from the French game, but with the quick turnaround (3 days' recovery is very stiff for Rugby) anyone with even a vague knock would be rested for a game against a lesser nation. Pichot & Manuel Contepomi were probably the biggest names missing.

Perm

Not a bad effort from Georgia, would've liked to see this game. Argentina just taking things easy one feels, rightfully so.