• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pool C - Wales, Australia, Fiji, Georgia, Portugal

Who will qualify from the group?

• Wales

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Australia

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Fiji

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Georgia

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Portugal

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ali TT

International Debutant
If all the minnows could pay like Portugal, I'd have no issue with them being there. But they haven't....

I like the fact that Australia are basically out, but they have to hang around in France for another week to get it confirmed.
But it's basically Romania, Namibia and Chile that really suck and even Chile showed some signs of promise against Japan and Samoa.

The next level of minnows up are Uruguay, Georgia, Portugal and Tonga based upon this year's tournament, with Samoa, Japan, Italy and Australia just ahead of them before you get into the big sides. Not sure any of them would deserve culling on for 4 years time.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Australia played well yesterday I was glad to see them win and it was a decent game too
Literally the only person I have seen who thought we were anything other than very ordinary

I didn’t watch the game so have no opinion on our performance

Tom Flint

International Regular
Literally the only person I have seen who thought we were anything other than very ordinary

I didn’t watch the game so have no opinion on our performance
I think however they played they would have not got praised for after the previous performances and their opposition being whipping boys.
But they looked a lot more organised and slowed the game down and was patient creating try opportunities. They still clearly weren't firing on all cylinders but did put more points on Portugal than Wales.

Ali TT

International Debutant
Wales 17-7 up against Georgia at the half but lost Gareth Anscombe to a groin injury in warm-up.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Georgia got it back within 5 with 14 minutes to go, then the bench was emptied and they couldn't compete in the late game. Still fun to see them make Wales earn it though.

Ali TT

International Debutant
Saying that's not a red but looks worse than the Curry one to me
I don't really follow the mitigation excuse. If your tackle is reckless and you're relying on the other player moving at the last second, it should be the same as if you'd smacked him square on the head while standing still

ripper868

International Coach
Honestly glad Fiji are finally putting this to bed, Think Wallabies would get done by 50 by England in the quarters.

Has this been bad Fiji and good Portugal or more Good Portugal?

Niall

International Coach
Has this been bad Fiji and good Portugal or more Good Portugal?

Bit of both tbh. Portugal have been a lot of fun, but Fiji very sloppy.

I think the only game they will be happy with was their win v Australia, they were streaky against Wales and lucky v Georgia and tonight.