• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pool B - Australia, Canada, Fiji, Japan, Wales

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Conditions not really going to suit the Australians, with their superior backline. Let's see how well their tight forwards can contribute to a game, probably the weakest part of their side.

Nice to see Adam Ashley-Cooper getting some game time, really rate him.

Johnners

ffs white is a dire ref, he's so ****ing pedantic and overbearing.

Yeah, definetly rate AA-Cooper as well, hope he gets the wing job ahead of Mitchell next week.

Perm

Drew Mitchell is woeful, had one good season when he burst onto the Test scene and has really fallen away since then. Played better this year, but still not enough to get into the side ahead of Mark Gerrard. I know Gerrard is injured ATM, which is a shame, but I couldn't understand the selectors picking Mitchell infront of him when both were available.

Freir and Baxter both crossing the white line for their first Test tries, good to see.

Johnners

Can't beleive Hux is playing 10, should've just played Sharpe there, best set of Hands for a forward in the game imo.

Perm

Can't beleive Hux is playing 10, should've just played Sharpe there, best set of Hands for a forward in the game imo.
Well Larkham's injured isn't he? You can't play Berrick Barnes every game, not with your first choice flyhalf missing a fair chunk of the tournament. I suppose Matt Giteau was the other option, but he doesn't fare too well at first five.

Johnners

Yeah i know why he's there, more pointing out the fact that i think he's dire. Giteau is a far better 5/8 than Hux

Johnners

A result of very unorganised backline imo, the fowards are doing all the right things, but as soon as it goes past 1st receiver it all breaks down.

EDIT: ffs Hux, i blame him for this dire performance.

Last edited:

Johnners

The rain isn't helping, but i entirely agree with you.

EDIT: Bloody hell that was a shocking game. Our forwards were ok, but Cordingley & Huxley were shocking. Tuqiri & Coops played well all game imo, and Mitchell & Latho had good 2nd halves.

If Chris White refs another game in this WC is a ****ing disgrace. His positional play is dire, there was at least 3 times he got in the way of players. On top of that, he slows the game down something shocking and does nothing to help provide an entertaining game.

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Full credit to Fiji. I didn't give them an earthly, but they've given themselves a great chance of dumping the Taffs out. Horrible miss by Hook from just in front of the posts with the last kick of the half, which pretty much sums up their half.

First ten minutes of the second going to be so crucial. Wales need a score with the extra man.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Lovely score from Shane Williams there, to be fair. Rather ruined it by being Billy Big Biscuits when the lept over the line.

Got him in me Sportal dream team too. :thumbsup:

EDIT: Alfie Thomas goes over in the corner now. 25-22 Fiji with kick to come. Proving to be game of the day.

2nd EDIT: Kick shanked.