• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pool B - Argentina, England, Georgia, Romania, Scotland

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
The tyranny of distance claims one victim:

Romanians arrive - minus their star winger | Stuff.co.nz

The squad was one player short after star winger Catalin Fercu pulled out of the tournament as the team left Romania – overcome by his fear of flying and the long-haul trip ahead.

Captain Marius Tincu said the squad was not pleased by his withdrawal.

"Everyone is not happy with that because he did not come to speak with us. I don't know what he's thinking. It's very stupid," he said.

"I don't know what to say. He has gone two times to Africa and one time to Argentina. It was no problem."

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Cracking effort from Romania against Scotland - just ran out of energy in the last 10 minutes.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Just saw the highlights without first knowing the score. Full credit to the Oaks; ran the sweaties very close indeed. Great pack effort from Romania.

Good signs for a competitive group. Georgia qualified ahead of Romania and Scotland have won their last couple of games versus Argentina.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Or Scotland are just dire. Wouldn't surprise me...
Pack lacks grunt. Great back row, but tight five lightweight.

Should be one for the connoisseur today. Los Pumas and ourselves have sizeable scrums.

Loving Dan Cole's Henry VIII-esque beard too. Sport needs more beards.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
England's defence is an absolute state so far. That after being seriously tight against us in their last warm-up.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If ever there was a game that I'd hope for both teams to lose, it's this one. Marginally supporting the Pumas due to the underdog factor.

_Ed_

Dire goalkicking by both sides. How did Wilkinson miss that last one? It's not like there are any excuses - there's no bloody wind!

_Ed_

And another miss from the halfway line. Bizarre tactics from Argentina.