• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pool A - Ireland, Scotland, Japan, Russia, Samoa

Which 2 teams will qualify for the Quarter Finals?

• Japan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Russia

• Samoa

• Total voters

ripper868

International Coach
On the framework...that's a red card for Samoa...

Little bit of sanity, yellow only as player coming down.

Last edited:

ripper868

International Coach
This one however...should be a red card mor Matuu

Yellow only...but I'd say that mitigating stance is less then the previous..

15v13 for 7 mins or so

Last edited:

ripper868

International Coach
Russia not taking advantage of this at all...kicking it back to Samoa, haven't even tried to go wide or build phases or counter attack. Opportunity wasted.

ripper868

International Coach
Playing like it this half as well.

Think generally the tier 2(3) teams have improved on 4 years ago.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Playing like it this half as well.

Think generally the tier 2(3) teams have improved on 4 years ago.
Also worth noting that Russia are the 5th best tier 2 side in Europe, so it's interesting to consider what Spain or Romania might have accomplished here.

That said, Russia have exceeded expectations and there's no guarantee either of those would.

ripper868

International Coach
That try at the death nixs my start to the tipping round. Had them by 20...just needed a scrum reset and a kick out at the end.

Think Spain and Romania must have gone backwards and Russia forwards though, from vague memory I think Russia bested Germany for the last repechage spot?

Howe_zat

Audio File
That try at the death nixs my start to the tipping round. Had them by 20...just needed a scrum reset and a kick out at the end.

Think Spain and Romania must have gone backwards and Russia forwards though, from vague memory I think Russia bested Germany for the last repechage spot?
Spain & Romania were kicked out for fielding ineligible players. Russia were ahead of Germany on the table (so yeah they are more like the 4th best t2 side in europe) and went through as Europe 1, while Germany went to the repechage and lost to Canada.

ripper868

International Coach
Australia have, oddly, picked Foley to start against Wales. Dropping CLL entirely...

I'll always back Aus to beat Wales, but fear we'll be undone by the lack of a sharpshooter knocking over the 3s. Oh to have a Matt Burke/Joe Roff type in the squad again.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Australia have, oddly, picked Foley to start against Wales. Dropping CLL entirely...

I'll always back Aus to beat Wales, but fear we'll be undone by the lack of a sharpshooter knocking over the 3s. Oh to have a Matt Burke/Joe Roff type in the squad again.
Take it to the Group D thread, fella... :ph34r:

Seriously though, it looks like the hosts are resting a few for the Irish game.

Disappointing, really. Arguably pragmatic to target the Sweaties, but no guarantee Russell won't have had his spinach.

ripper868

International Coach
Ah fudge, phone mistake that!

But yes, odd from Japan but also not unexpected really, Scotland is the better hope of victory, but let's hope Finn does have his spinach and runs riot :ph34r:

Howe_zat

Audio File
Took about 10 minutes for Ireland to get their **** together and now they’re running the game as per.

ripper868

International Coach
Yep, winger needed to commit to that kick through, was waiting for the perfect bounce but it never came.

Ireland look comfortable after that 2nd try, Japan scrambling well in defence but then just running out of numbers.

Do like the way Japan attack, little passes often.