• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pool A - Ireland, Scotland, Japan, Russia, Samoa

Which 2 teams will qualify for the Quarter Finals?

• Japan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Russia

• Samoa

• Total voters

Athlai

Not Terrible
Utter brain fade from Carberry. He either doesn't know the rules or thought a penalty was coming.

But massive, massive kudos to Japan. Beaten the world #1s!!
May have heard advantage and misread the situation. It was for the knock on though, so total brain fade.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Interviewer to Best - ‘a lot of people will be shocked by what they’ve just seen.’

Best - ‘Anyone who’s shocked hasn’t seen how good they are.’

Love that

Niall

International Coach
The ref was obviously against Ireland today, but even despite that Ireland not scoring for 60 minutes is ****ing brutal.

Japan v Scotland will be an absolute cracker now.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Brilliant brilliant display of dynamic rugby, superb superb defensive structure, well engineered by the best defense coach in the world

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Ref was against Ireland because Japan were disciplined, that was it from where I watched.
yeah Japan's defensive structure insanely good.

And round the rucks they were brilliant and then to hold up so well in the scrums was amazing

Flem274*

123/5
i was shattered and asleep and im so glad my flatmates force woke me up for the second half of this game.

angus gardner is quite a prissy ref, especially if it gives him the chance to gift the crusaders a game so ireland should have known that going in. definitely all their own fault.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Apparently Ireland kicked for touch to kill the game in order to secure a bonus point. Ridiculous as it may seem it’s quite sensibleto do so when the odds of getting a draw are so long and achieving it would only bring them 1 more point. Two likely 5 point wins against Samoa and Russia and they’ll still probably top the group. **** it’s high time the IRB binned rugby’s ridiculous bonus points. I would’ve thought they would’ve learned their lesson after SA lost to Japan in 2015 and still picked up 2 points to Japan’s 4.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I kinda agree but I suspect 'took the losing bonus point' may be a reason constructed after the fact. The kick at the end was a genuine territory-finding one just outside the touchline, rather than a hoof into the stands. We can't rule out a momentary brainmelt from Carbery here.