• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Poll: Who do you think will win the 2019 World Cup?

Who do you think will win World Cup?

• Total voters

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
I'd say Australia but we're pants right now.

I'd say England but I can't really envision them actually winning.

I'd say New Zealand but they will get knocked out in the semis.

I'd say South Africa but they'll choke.

I'd say India but they look weak right now.

So I'll say Pakistan. Solid team. Strong world cup history. Champions trophy under the belt.
Just as well nobody gives a **** what you say anyway then innit.

TheBrand

First Class Debutant
Hopefully this team:

M Guptill
G Phillips
K Williamson
R Taylor
T Latham/H Nicholls
C Munro/C Anderson
C De Grandhomme
M Santner
M Henry
A Milne/L Ferguson
T Boult
I'd say this is almost pretty accurate.... If Phillips plays then Latham probably wont. Milne won't make it, Ferguson more likely a lock. And you just know that Southee is going to start, so that 3rd seamer spot will be Henry/Ferguson.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm a bit more interested to see how South Africa screw up this time.
South Africa have been a mediocre ODI side for a while now, having been thrashed by India at home not too long ago, also got knocked out first round in CT, having lot to England just before that. Are people still going to pretend like South Africa are the favourites and then claim the 'c' word when they eventually crash out?

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
South Africa have been a mediocre ODI side for a while now, having been thrashed by India at home not too long ago, also got knocked out first round in CT, having lot to England just before that. Are people still going to pretend like South Africa are the favourites and then claim the 'c' word when they eventually crash out?
Until they win one, every World Cup loss by South Africa will be because they have choked. It's a great narrative which seems to work at getting into their heads.

Imagine how sweet it will be when they eventually win their first one in 2103.

srbhkshk

International Captain
To me England are the clear favorites - but India have the spinners and Pakistan the pacers to topple them. Australia always a force in world cups but this is their weakest world cup team for this century.

SA just don't have a good enough batting line up especially now that ABD is not there.

Overall Eng > India >= Pak >> Aus >> NZ.

Last edited:

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
England, India, Pakistan and New Zealand are my semi finalists but would love the repeat of CT Semis with Bangladesh edging ahead once again

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
1. India
2. Pakistan
3. Australia
4. England

England will be the best team though, play the most impressive cricket, but they'll choke in the semi and blame the slow wicket a la Champions Trophy. SA are also chokers.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If Dhoni plays, India aren't winning.

Pakistan look pretty good, especially the bowling attack. I'll say either they or England should be favorites.

SeamUp

International Coach
England at home will be a tough nut to crack especially with their best 50-over side ever.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
To me England are the clear favorites - but India have the spinners and Pakistan the pacers to topple them. Australia always a force in world cups but this is their weakest world cup team for this century.

SA just don't have a good enough batting line up especially now that ABD is not there.

Overall Eng > India >= Pak >> Aus >> NZ.
The two Indian spinners you're referring to are both risky wristspinners and are prone to often having an off-day (unlike Pak pace unit). Plus they can't bat or field (unlike Jadeja, who should be in the team but probably won't).