• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Players you wish they played for your team?

Athlai

Not Terrible
of the modern bunch, steve smith. not so much because we need more batting, but because he's the best in the world by a distance and it significantly weakens another side who heavily rely on him.

india are still reasonably strong if you take out kohli or bumrah for example, but some australians would need to seriously step up to compensate for no smith away from home.
Imagine wanting Smith to play for NZ.

SMH.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Something of (relative I suppose) interest to me is that in a sport where the accepted wisdom among serious followers is bowlers win matches and series, the players who've clearly been the difference in the past two marquee series' Australia has played have been batsmen - Pujara and Smith. May well just be the era is one light on for batting and comparatively bowler-heavy (I suspect it is) but those blokes have stood out like dogs balls.

_00_deathscar

International Regular
Right now? Steve Smith for obvious reasons. Imagine India’s batting...

From recent memory, definitely Steyn.

If you gave me 3 players to choose say since 1990 I’d go with:
Cook
Smith
Steyn

Which would give you a post 90s XI of:
Cook
Sehwag
Smith
Sachin
Kohli
Laxman