• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Players you wish they played for your team?

Chrish

International Debutant
Who are the players you envied that they were playing for the opposition? Like you wish you really had someone like him in your team?

Jack1

International Debutant
Most obvious that come to mind are Afridi, Maxwell and A Russell for entertainment factor.

In terms of performance factor number one was probably McGrath after that maybe Ambrose, Walsh, Warne, Lara. Kohli, Steven Smith, Bumrah. A few that come to mind immediately at least.

I want to keep things relatively recent. I am just thinking about the past 20 years.

Last edited:

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
In my lifetime I’d probably say.... Murali. I feel like Australia was already pretty amazing at points but it would have been my dream to have Murali and Warne bowling from opposite ends.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I imagine there are a few Bangladesh fans who wish Shakib Al Hasan played for them.

Burgey

In my lifetime I’d probably say.... Murali. I feel like Australia was already pretty amazing at points but it would have been my dream to have Murali and Warne bowling from opposite ends.
Given his record in Australia, it would certainly have made a lot of home tests in that era more competitive.

Jack1

International Debutant
Given his record in Australia, it would certainly have made a lot of home tests in that era more competitive.
A few umpires got a tad mad at Murali taking wickets or his record would look slightly better

smash84

The Tiger King
would have liked somebody like Steve Waugh to play for pakistan, needed mentally tough players that Pakistan really lacked once Imran retired.

SillyCowCorner1

During the 00's I felt we really needed:

Andre Nel
Dilhara Fernando
Glenn McGrath
Simon Jones
Stuart Clarke
Rana Naved ul Hasan
Mohammad Asif
Malinga

+
Sehwag to open with Gayle.

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
Could make an XI

Mathew Hayden
Graeme Smith
Ricky Ponting
Brian Lara
Jacques Kallis
AB Devilliers/ Steve Waugh
Adam Gilchrist
Wasim Akram
Dale Steyn
Curtly Ambrose
Glenn Mcgrath

Mcgrath is the most clutch player in this XI. He is the numero uno if I am asked to pick one. King Curtly is my favorite though.

No spinners here, understandably because the gulf in class between our pacers and opposition pacers is far more than the one between our spinners and opposition spinners. If I have to pick one I would have Murali as Warne always flopped against us.

I have seen Viv, Marshall and Imran play but they were a bit past their peak. Also watched Graeme Pollock bat in World Masters cup 1995. He was awesome, incredible for a batsman past 50.

Flem274*

123/5
of the modern bunch, steve smith. not so much because we need more batting, but because he's the best in the world by a distance and it significantly weakens another side who heavily rely on him.

india are still reasonably strong if you take out kohli or bumrah for example, but some australians would need to seriously step up to compensate for no smith away from home.