• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Players most kindly treated by selectors

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
sideshowtim said:
Ganguly has been lucky as hell to get as many chances as he did.
Not really, I felt his time was up. But he was the best captain in Indian history, he deserved some extra leeway.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
I still think Sami is capable of great things, but until he can learn to get it right more often than not, he shouldn't be selected anymore.

UncleTheOne

U19 Captain
nightprowler10 said:
I still think Sami is capable of great things, but until he can learn to get it right more often than not, he shouldn't be selected anymore.
He can be very good with the older ball. But with the new ball he's pretty useless. Straight up and down at his pace and height is just never going to achieve much apart from being smashed around the park.

Swervy

International Captain
silentstriker said:
Not really, I felt his time was up. But he was the best captain in Indian history, he deserved some extra leeway.
I still question why Ganguly is considered Indias best ever captain!!! I just dont get it

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Swervy said:
I still question why Ganguly is considered Indias best ever captain!!! I just dont get it
I'd say because he did to India to some extent what Imran did to Pakistan. Besides, wasn't he the most successful Indian captain in terms of win %?

Swervy

International Captain
nightprowler10 said:
I'd say because he did to India to some extent what Imran did to Pakistan. Besides, wasn't he the most successful Indian captain in terms of win %?
yeah and he also had the benefit of captaining the most talented squad of players that India have ever produced. Any boy when things were slipping away whilst Ganguly was captain, he looked completely lost.

Matt79

Global Moderator
People are seriously saying Katich after the multiple times he was quite harshly dropped when he WAS in form? He probably had quite a bit of credit to burn up out of the 'got screwed' bank IMO.

Although its all gone now - should be cut from the ODI team. But there are worse cases of undue faith.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Matt Hayden. Had any other batsmen been in as poor form as Haydos during his 15 month run without a century they would've been dropped.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Clapo said:
Matt Hayden. Had any other batsmen been in as poor form as Haydos during his 15 month run without a century they would've been dropped.
Mark Taylor wasn't dropped