• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Player's Averages - What will they end with?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
dontcloseyoureyes said:
Believe me, neither do I, but even I knew who he was.
I am proud of the fact that I have never hear of him.

Listening to Images and Words by Dream Theater at the moment - that probably explains everything adequately.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
luckyeddie said:

Listening to Images and Words by Dream Theater at the moment - that probably explains everything adequately.
I prefer Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence myself, probably beacuse I'm a sucker for that keyboard intro to Solitary Shell :D

My favourite Dream Theater album is SIx Degrees, but I also like Awake and Images & Words. :happy:

Tom Halsey

International Coach
luckyeddie said:
Did you watch Dead Ringers recently? If so, the guy standing in the snow without a top on singing "it's bloody cold" was meant to be James Blunt. Hilarious. :D

Cloete

International Captain
luckyeddie said:
Harmison is an integral part of the England attack - and any one of the four would get into any test side in the world at the moment.
I'd take Lee, McGrath, Warne and MacGIll over Harmy any day of the current week!

Admitedly Harmison would be streaks ahead of Australia's 3rd fast bowler at the moment and would walk in if we played with 3 pacers. I would put Lee slightly ahead of him though.

simmy

International Regular
Cloete said:
I'd take Lee, McGrath, Warne and MacGIll over Harmy any day of the current week!

Admitedly Harmison would be streaks ahead of Australia's 3rd fast bowler at the moment and would walk in if we played with 3 pacers. I would put Lee slightly ahead of him though.
I would have Lee at the moment... but playing at his best.. I think that Harmison competes with McGrath for best in the World.

IMO England's pace attack, and Aus overall attack are streaks above the rest and its the reason that they are the top two teams.

I think that when Anderson replaces Hoggard and they have matured a bit..in 3 years or so.. England are going to be very hard, well even harder, to beat at home.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
simmy said:
Mischa Barton is in his new vid though... so I watch it on mute. :D
That how I used to watch Dark Angel. Good times... good times.

ryan563 said:
i think Sangakkara will touch 50
I think so too. He may have been in a bit of a draught recently, but he's so clearly a quality player.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Cloete said:

Harmison is still 'streaks ahead' of Lee.

simmy

International Regular
My only predictions are that Tres will average over 50, Flintoff's will fall dramatically, then rise a tad at the end of his career....

Tendulkar will get to 60 and Gilchrist won't get to 50.

Cloete

International Captain
simmy said:
I would have Lee at the moment... but playing at his best.. I think that Harmison competes with McGrath for best in the World.

IMO England's pace attack, and Aus overall attack are streaks above the rest and its the reason that they are the top two teams.

I think that when Anderson replaces Hoggard and they have matured a bit..in 3 years or so.. England are going to be very hard, well even harder, to beat at home.
lol Harmison isn't anywhere near best in the world.

Lee is a far better bowler in ODI's than Harmison. In tests I'd still have Lee in there. Harmison is definitely overrated. I love how everyone has jumped down Lee's throat for taking wickets against a "poor" WI team, when Harmison has performed his best against WI and Bangladesh.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Cloete said:

Lee is a far better bowler in ODI's than Harmison. In tests I'd still have Lee in there. Harmison is definitely overrated. I love how everyone has jumped down Lee's throat for taking wickets against a "poor" WI team, when Harmison has performed his best against WI and Bangladesh.
In Tests Harmison averages over 3 less per wicket, has a miles better economy rate and had a rubbish start to his career and his improved a lot since, where as Lee has done the opposite. This is not even close.

simmy

International Regular
He isnt now... but he was!

That 7-12... was the best spell I have ever seen. The entire tour he bowled like a man possessed.

No team would have been able to play him on those pitches.

I'd rather have Lee in at the moment, for his effort levels and competitiveness and usefulness with the new ball.

I was talking about tests... ODIs arent proper cricket.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Cloete said:

I don't usually agree with Piscine's views on Harmison, but I think he's right on this occasion. Harmison is a better bowler than Lee is if only because he doesn't give away as many runs as often as Lee does.

Lee is a better ODI bowler, but both are potent on their day and can be horrible the next.

Cloete

International Captain
marc71178 said:
I dunno, Lee has definitely got some streaks in his hair, but Harmison's is a natural colour.
I think that's what he was getting at wasn't it?

As for Harmison and Lee. I'll refuse to admit Harmison is better because for some reason I hate him (I have no reason to really), in fact I used to hate Lee (pretty obvious reasons though). So that basically sums up the bias...

The only thing I will say though, is Harmison is nowhere near the best test bowler in the world.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Cloete said:
I think that's what he was getting at wasn't it?

As for Harmison and Lee. I'll refuse to admit Harmison is better because for some reason I hate him (I have no reason to really), in fact I used to hate Lee (pretty obvious reasons though). So that basically sums up the bias...

The only thing I will say though, is Harmison is nowhere near the best test bowler in the world.
Harmison is a long way away from the best pacer in the world.

That said, Harmison > Lee in Tests; Lee > Harmison in ODIs.

That is all.