• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Player from each team for whom you most want to see their side win the cup

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's tall poppy syndrome. The more a player is worshipped the more overrated we'll assume he is. Tendulkar was worshipped by a billion fans so we rightfully assume that he must be overrated.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sachin had the same average as like 20 batsmen throughout history yet for some reason he's as good as bradman

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
?? His pressure adjusted average is already 120.
I think it's safe to assume everyone would agree that he wouldn't have an average if the pressure factor was considered, so I chose to ignore it for the purpose of this discussion.

Last edited:

Borges

International Regular
Only the moderate upgrade crowd believes that pressure is purely on one side, either batting or bowling, but never on both. We can safely ignore them,

srbhkshk

International Captain
I missed the group match in 2003 where India got all out for 120 odd and Tendulkar top scored with 36, getting out to dizzy.
I had completely wiped that match off my memory, truly showed the gulf between Australia and the other teams when the other finalists got destroyed two times in a row.

trundler

It's like the Indian fans here are expected to atone for crappy casuals elsewhere. Regular Indian posters here are pretty decent and unbiased. I'd say the direness of Kilowatt and such is sufficiently countered by Stephen's ever raging hard-on for Warne.

Flem274*

123/5
til everyone just wants to see the most well known players win

i want to see someone like durrie van dussen or whatever his name is lift the trophy. never heard of him before this tournament. or whoever sri lankas 15th, most fortunate to be in ahead of chandimal, player get an unearned world cup final victory.

where are your souls?

morgieb

It's like the Indian fans here are expected to atone for crappy casuals elsewhere. Regular Indian posters here are pretty decent and unbiased. I'd say the direness of Kilowatt and such is sufficiently countered by Stephen's ever raging hard-on for Warne.
Yeah tbf most of the regular Indians are pretty good, especially with HB gone. There's a few really dire ones but they don't post much so meh, the more biased Aussies OTOH do (though I do think their biasness is over-stated, but coming from me is that saying much?)

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
India - Bumrah
England - N/A
Australia - Gazzzzzzzzza
West Indies - Hope
South Africa - Rassie van der Dussen
NZ - Taylor
Pakistan - IDK, Fakhar maybe
Bangladesh - Methuselah Mortaza
Sri Lanka - Mendis
Afghanistan - Rashid Khan