• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Placing our bets on "Test Cricket's Young Fab Four"

Which of these "Young Fabbies" will make it the biggest?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Bravo hahaha

Eat a dick
It's really sad how Bravo has fallen away. Played some really sparkling innings in his first few years of international cricket, fully believe he had the potential to be at least a high 40's averaging batsman. Looked a shadow of his former self when WI toured this summer though.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
FWIW, I have been guilty of under rating Smith a lot as well. Not that I did not recognize how good he was but like Zinzan said, maybe his technique made me rate him lesser than I ever should have. But in my defence, I have been singing that he will be a good test bat since late 2012 and esp. since his first two innings against India in India in that 2013 tour. I do not want to get into details of what weakness dogs which of these 4 but ultimately batsmen are rated on their output. Smith can only perform against the attacks and on the pitches he is playing and he has done that better than anybody. He is like a superior model of Sehwag and God knows how high I rate Sehwag inspite of the holes in his resume. Smith is easily the best batsman currently going based on output so far. I do not give a damn as to what Root and KW did in more "difficult" conditions when the fact remains that Smith still would have faced much better bowling that is suited to those conditions than those two gentlemen do, given their home games are in England and NZ respectively. All 4 have the potential to retire as ATG batsmen and I expect there to be some merry go rounds on who is #1 at a particular time. But it is absolutely silly to think Smith is not the clear #1 now.

Still stand by this tbh. But funnily enough Smith has never let that #1 slot get away from him in tests. Maybe it will happen now.

Gob

International Coach
Still stand by this tbh. But funnily enough Smith has never let that #1 slot get away from him in tests. Maybe it will happen now.
If it happens, i feel like it will be for some one new not from the 3 in this question. Kohli has been missing out a lot, Williamson has a big asterisk in front his name at away performances which i doubt will get any better and Root remains to be the equivalent of Greg from mind hunter