• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Phillip Hughes CW support banner at Melbourne and Sydney Test match

Where should the left over money be donated?

• Other (Please List)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cnerd123

likes this
To The Prince,

We wish you a speedy recovery. Our thoughts are with you and your family and friends.

Lots of love,

[Cricketweb logo]

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
As far as I know it isn't, was coined by Murphy, Macca and I guess me to a lesser extent during the time of his meteoric rise to the test side and debut series in SA. Gives it a distinct CW feel IMO.

I really hope this can come together (assuming Burgey is incorrect and he actually pulls through, **** it makes me sick having to say that). If we can get it to Sydney I'll 100% come to hold it for at least Day 1 if not multiple. He's my favourite Aussie cricketer after Watto, I'm gutted.

Riggins

International Captain
Riggins, did you want to follow up on the one you saw on the bus and see if this can be done in time for Brisbane?

I'm thinking if that is a no go and we don't find anyone going to Adelaide we may have to think about doing it for Melbourne and Sydney.......I guess the plus side to that is along with what Burgey posted, at least we'll know what's going on with Phil by then.
I sent them an email, the place was here

Reply said:
Dear Mr. [removed name, they spelt it wrong though]

Thanks for your mail.

Yes, we can produce custom flags any sizes. For flag design, it is better to send the image more than 300pixels or higher. If the design is solid colors, it is better to send the vector drawing in PDF format.

About your questions:

Most importantly:
- Do you ship to Australia (Brisbane) ?
Yes, we have several regular customer in australia. So, we always ship to there.

- What is your overall price to Australia (Brisbane) ?

It depends on flag size and quantity. And then, I can give you a quote for flag and shipping cost by DHL.

- If we ordered immediately or ASAP upon your reply to this email, would the flag arrive in Brisbane before the 4th December 2014 ?

If we can receive the flag design, order confirmation and payment today. We will try to finish and send out by next monday. So, you can receive it by 4th December,2014.

Waiting for your comments.

Alan Zheng
Senior Account Director
Sales Department
**** im tired. night night all.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
James,

I know I'm not very active at present but when we get this finalised, let me know and I'll chip in as required.

Spark

Global Moderator
Less is more IMO. No need to have his name on there when it's already completely obvious who it is.

Stapel

International Regular
Count me in. Not sure if transferring money from Holland to Australia is reasonably possible (sending 10 or 20 dollars, if banking costs are that amount again, makes little sense if we are trying to find 100 dollars). Then again, I might have some Aussie cash somewhere.......

Just let me know!

Tom Halsey

International Coach
I would like to contribute to this.

@Stapel I presume it can be done easily enough via Paypal but obviously I am not the font of all knowledge as far as Holland -> Australia transfers go.

Stapel

International Regular
I would like to contribute to this.

@Stapel I presume it can be done easily enough via Paypal but obviously I am not the font of all knowledge as far as Holland -> Australia transfers go.
Yeah, paypal should be it, I guess. I just checked both my banks' websites. Transferring via bank is ridiculously expensive

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Given the amount of people chipping in compared to the costs, how about remaining balance to a charity related to head injuries?

wiff

First Class Debutant
I am an illustrator/graphic designer, been in the business for 30 years— I can fix stuff up for the poster.

The black and white pic posted by dog walker is a good start, just needs a bit of strengthening of linework to work as a poster, and needs to be made as a vector file so resolution is not a problem. But any pic can be done up as a black and white representation of the original as long as it has changed a bit to satisfy copyright…but don't think it will be much of an issue considering it is not for commercial purposes, and the originator would be a bit of a dick if he was heard protesting on a get well poster. As burgey posted earlier, we should wait for Hughsey to recover before choosing the wording IMO.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Given the amount of people chipping in compared to the costs, how about remaining balance to a charity related to head injuries?
That's a great idea Dan. I've counted the following 19 posters who have confirmed they wish to donate. So if we just do the the flag ($102 +$10 postage) it's $5.90 each. Shall we say that $6 is the minimum donation each but if anyone wants to donate more we will send the remaining balance to a related charity? That way we can still keep adding to this list if more people want to get involved........

Adders
Burgey
Spikey
GIMH
Ajude
Spark
Howardj
Morgieb
El Nino
James
Dontcloseyoureyes
Jan
Daemon
Howe_Zat
Dan
Neil Pickup
Stapel
Tom Halsey

New donators (will update this post as more people stick their hands up)

Wiff
Cabinet96
BackFootPunch
strawman
Hendrix
Nate

The Pay Pal address for donations is cricketweb@gmail.com........BUT PLEASE DON'T SEND ANY FUNDS YET!!! Until we get volunteers going to the tests to hang the flag then this is still far from a done thing.

Last edited: