• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Perry average vs Men in Tests

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The problem is that even in sports with more even participation and a much longer history of female participation at the high level, like tennis, there is still a very substantial gap when you get to the elite level. As with men we aren't seeing the fastest bowlers get faster, it's more that the general level is improving. From my own experience observing local matches Women's cricket at the grassroots level is currently a lot like lower grade junior cricket, where you often have a couple of standout players who do by far the bulk of the work. I expect that will change in the next 10-15 years, but I wouldn't be so sure the ceiling will rise all that much.
I don't think he's saying that women could be equally as good as men given more focus on sports, that's absurd, just that the gap could be bridged which is definitely a strong possibility.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
You don’t make any sense. Why would 85km spin bowling trouble female elite batsmen particularly?
Try trhe difference between an U16 and an U24 spinner. With the pace on the ball, you have less time to react to the turn. Women are not used to play spinners that hurl in 80 - 90k range as stoock balls, (may be darts, but not proper drifting, dipping and spinning balls), so they find it very difficult to play quicker spinners than ones who give it a rip.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hopefully they just treat all spinners with the disdain they so richly deserve