• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pedro Collins v Ryan Sidebottom v Wahab Riaz

Who's the better bowler?

• Pedro Collins

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Ryan Sidebottom

Votes: 16 72.7%
  • Wahab Riaz

Votes: 5 22.7%

• Total voters

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
A trundler in cricket is the equivalent of what is often contemptuously referred to as a counter-puncher in boxing.
Non-trundler >>> trundler. Steyn >>> McGrath etc..
Good thing McGrath had decent pace for the most part of his career and was probably faster than speed-guns suggest...

I refuse to fail for the Steyn>>> McGrath bait tho

Burgey

My pick would be Sidebottom out of the three.

But talking about Wahab Riaz's spell, that was the best spell of that series, in my opinion of course. Numbers can be weird, sometimes they accurately describe the game while in some cases they don't do justice to the player's performance. Wahab would have ripped through that Aussie batting line-up that day if the fielders would have backed him a little bit. Those two dropped catches of Wahab's bowling were the game.

https://twitter.com/BrianLara/status/578871565749608448?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.sportskeeda.com%2Flive%2Fwahab-riaz-vs-shane-watson
It was great theatre but you need to, you know, get blokes out and all.

morgieb

Wahab was more ***y, but Sidebottom was the better bowler I think. Would be thought of a fair bit higher if Fletcher could trust him and his body didn't collapse after mid-2008.

TheJediBrah

Wahab was more ***y, but Sidebottom was the better bowler I think. Would be thought of a fair bit higher if Fletcher could trust him and his body didn't collapse after mid-2008.
Sidebottom's not ***y? He's basically Ross Noble

Burgey

So he created one chance. Hero.

Their next clash want at the WC though, because, while Pakistan fans were rubbing one out watching him bowl bouncers on YouTube, Australia was playing the final.

Daemon

So he created one chance. Hero.

Their next clash want at the WC though, because, while Pakistan fans were rubbing one out watching him bowl bouncers on YouTube, Australia was playing the final.
"lol Wahab didn't take any wickets and lost the game"

"Yeah but with better fielding he would have"

"haha Australia played in the finals suck it"