• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pcb

Beleg

International Regular
succeeds in bullying Yousuf out of ICL.

I hope the legal reprecussions for Yousuf/PCB are immense.

R_D

International Debutant
what happend with inzi?

do u know if inzi going to play in up coming test matches...
looks like Inzi is gone for good. Shame really.
According to ICL Chief executive as far as he knows... Yousef is still going to play in ICL. Lets wait and see what happens now.

Fusion

Global Moderator
How did they "bully" him? Seems to me they bent over backwards to win him back. PCB had stated that any player signing with ICL would face a life-ban. Yousaf, knowing this, still decided to sign with the ICL. So obviously Yousaf had decided to accept the consequences and decided that ICL was still worth it. Therefore any "bullying" attempts by the PCB had failed. Now, the situation has changed. There is an official league being started by the BCCI. Yousaf knows he can earn the same amount of money in that league, while still playing for Pakistan (PCB). The ICL offer is suddenly not so attractive and he decided to spurn it. Everyone that was bashing the PCB earlier for trying to repress player's rights and a free market system should realize that PCB won back Yousaf exactly on those grounds. Why criticize them now for doing what you were earlier preaching?

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
How did they "bully" him? Seems to me they bent over backwards to win him back. PCB had stated that any player signing with ICL would face a life-ban. Yousaf, knowing this, still decided to sign with the ICL. So obviously Yousaf had decided to accept the consequences and decided that ICL was still worth it. Therefore any "bullying" attempts by the PCB had failed. Now, the situation has changed. There is an official league being started by the BCCI. Yousaf knows he can earn the same amount of money in that league, while still playing for Pakistan (PCB). The ICL offer is suddenly not so attractive and he decided to spurn it. Everyone that was bashing the PCB earlier for trying to repress player's rights and a free market system should realize that PCB won back Yousaf exactly on those grounds. Why criticize them now for doing what you were earlier preaching?
Well in that case your stand has changed too. You find this perfectly okay and acceptable act from PCB but didn't when ICL did it.

I personally have no problem with Moyo's decision. He is free to decide whatever is best for him, the only problem I had was when people called him anti-national and said that he chose money over his country. And I admire PCB for using respectful means to bring back its best test batsman as opposed to their earlier tone of banning and what not.

Last edited:

Fusion

Global Moderator
Well in that case your stand has changed too. You find this perfectly okay and acceptable act from PCB but didn't when ICL did it.

I personally have no problem with Moyo's decision. He is free to decide whatever is best for him, the only problem I had was when people called him anti-national and said that he chose money over his country. And I admire PCB for using respectful means to bring back its best test batsman as opposed to their earlier tone of banning and what not.
My stance hasn't really changed. I lost a lot of respect for Yousaf for following the money trail. I've explained my reasons before so there is no point in repeating it. Yousaf's re-signing with PCB merely confirmed my opinion of him AND the PCB.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
My stance hasn't really changed. I lost a lot of respect for Yousaf for following the money trail. I've explained my reasons before so there is no point in repeating it. Yousaf's re-signing with PCB merely confirmed my opinion of him AND the PCB.
But the contract was offered to him before he accepted the ICL offer.