• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Paula Radcliffe

PY

International Coach
Well, he had his use yesterday when he gave Pickup an earful about the CW Blacks losing. :D

Craig

World Traveller
I couldn't help but feel sorry for her, she wanted to do so well, but couldn't go on.

chris.hinton

International Captain
I really felt sorry for Paula Radcliffe. She has had a lot of support from people, but some idiots partucally Adrian Durham are just so Naive somethimes no matter how hard people try the body and mind just shuts down it called "the Wall" no one has ever explained it

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Actually Chris, I don't think it is the "wall" effect for Paula.

Many athletes hit "the wall" and carry on.

Piper

International Captain
Tom Halsey said:
I feel sorry for her, but I don't really care - Kelly won. :p
Thats stupid! I bet if it was Paula who had won gold and Kelly didnt finish her race it would be a different story :D

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Sorry, but it's the way I feel. I feel sorry for her, and all that, and would have been delighted for her if she'd have won.

But I'd still rather that Holmes had have won, because a) what she's gone through in the past (pulling out in '96, etc) and b) because I generally like her more.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Piper said:
Thats stupid! I bet if it was Paula who had won gold and Kelly didnt finish her race it would be a different story :D
Not really.

I'd of course have been delighted for Radcliffe if she'd have won, I'm more pleased for Holmes as it is.