• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pathan has come of age!

Shoaib

Banned
Choora said:
How are we spoiling Zaheer's chances can you please clarify?
By dropping him unnecessarily when he should be a part of the team.IKP can take wickets only against Bangladesh & Zimbabwe while Zaheer is the only Indian bowler who can be as devastating against Australia as Bangladesh.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Shoaib said:
Showing good performance in Ashes doesn't mean that u r a very good & devastating bowler.
I'd say it's a far better indication than performing against Bangladesh and Zimbabwe only...

Shoaib said:
By dropping him unnecessarily when he should be a part of the team.IKP can take wickets only against Bangladesh & Zimbabwe while Zaheer is the only Indian bowler who can be as devastating against Australia as Bangladesh.
Zaheer Khan has NEVER been devastating against Australians.Stop comming up with distorted facts.

Shoaib said:
????????????????????

Kapil Dev is the only pace bowler in Indian history whom u can be proud of.

Apart from that, we had Srinath, and now we have IKP, whome we are extremely proud of!

WE also had Prasad that reduced Pak to laughing stock in a WC game in Bangalore :p

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
GladiatrsInBlue said:
Zaheer Khan has NEVER been devastating against Australians.Stop comming up with distorted facts.
Whereas Pathan with his 6 wickets @ 72.33 (and 10 @ 39 whilst conceding 6.57 per over) clearly has been devastating (!)

marc71178 said:
Whereas Pathan with his 6 wickets @ 72.33 (and 10 @ 39 whilst conceding 6.57 per over) clearly has been devastating (!)
Did i ever said that IKP has been devastating against Aussies??

IKP though did impress many in his first series against the mighty Aussies.

Shoaib

Banned
GladiatrsInBlue said:
Apart from that, we had Srinath, and now we have IKP, whome we are extremely proud of!
Never be proud of a person who is not even as capable as Amit Bhandari & Laxmipathi Balaji.He has nothing of his own.For me,he is only a fake copy of Wasim Akram.Take my words that Zaheer will prove himself a good bowler in coming years where as IKP's career is gonna end very soon.Zaheer has lot better record that IKP's(If u exclude IKP's record against Bangladesh & Zimbabwe).

Shoaib

Banned
GladiatrsInBlue said:
WE also had Prasad that reduced Pak to laughing stock in a WC game in Bangalore
Prasad was one of the worst bowlers that any test playing nation got in the last decade.Good performance in one match doesn't mean that u r a legend.Even our pacers like Azhar Mahmood & Ata-Ur-Rehman have many time made India look even worst than Bangladesh.Does this mean that they r very good bowlers?No,they're not.

Shoaib

Banned
Beleg said:
That just about sums up the whole thread.
No,thats not true mate because Irfan Pathan has even worst record than Rana Naveed if we exclude his performance against Bangis & Zimbs.

Shoaib said:
Never be proud of a person who is not even as capable as Amit Bhandari & Laxmipathi Balaji.He has nothing of his own.For me,he is only a fake copy of Wasim Akram.Take my words that Zaheer will prove himself a good bowler in coming years where as IKP's career is gonna end very soon.Zaheer has lot better record that IKP's(If u exclude IKP's record against Bangladesh & Zimbabwe).
Zaheer Khan is a proven loser, he has been in inetrnational cricket since 4-5 years and haven't proven anything than being underachiever!! What can be further expected from him then being sidelined in future for fitness reasons??

IKP was the young cricketer of the year, the guy has not played that much cricket but whenever he plays he impresses everyone.The kind of swing the guy gets is an axiom of greatness hardly displayed by others of samilar age.Mark my word this guy is going to end up as the greatest Indian test bowler ever.Calling him a fake copy of someone is an insult to fast bowling.

Take a lesson from Miandad and stop slamming IKP before IKP makes you eat ur own word !

Shoaib

Banned
GladiatrsInBlue said:
Calling him a fake copy of someone is an insult to fast bowling.!
Whole world knows & even he has admitted himself many times that Wasim Akram is his ideal & he tries to copy him in every possible way.He has learnt all the swings & tricks from Wasim Akram &even his bowling action looks quite same to that of Akram.
GladiatrsInBlue said:
Take a lesson from Miandad and stop slamming IKP before IKP makes you eat ur own word !
I am not a sense-less person like Miandad who speaks before & thinks after that .

Last edited:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
This is one of the worst debates of all time. You both know it full well and are still going on winding and winding and winding. We don't need any more.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
greg said:
There's no doubt he ran through a few county sides this summer.
There isn't?
Pathan wasted a good opportunity this summer, taking 5 wickets at 64.80 in his 3 First-Class games and conceding 5.41-an-over in his 4 one-dayers.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
GladiatrsInBlue said:
Did i ever said that IKP has been devastating against Aussies??

IKP though did impress many in his first series against the mighty Aussies.
No, he impressed against - amazingly enough - Zimbabwe, in a series which just happened to be in Australia.

greg

International Debutant
Richard said:
There isn't?
Pathan wasted a good opportunity this summer, taking 5 wickets at 64.80 in his 3 First-Class games and conceding 5.41-an-over in his 4 one-dayers.
You must be a bit rusty. Your sensors to detect a post heavily laden with irony are broken.

greg

International Debutant
Richard said:
Well it didn't strike me as the most ironic post, no, but well - I stand corrected. :)
You weren't forewarned about the possible content of this thread by the fact that it was entitled

"Pathan has come of age" on the basis of ... a decent performance against Zimbabwe? 8-)