• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pakistan Tour of South Africa 2018/19

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
South Africa slightly ahead even with that wicket of De Bruyn given they have a strong tail in Steyn, Maharaj and Rabada.

Last edited:

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Great bowling + great batting is the ideal combo but failing that I'll take great bowling + crap batting. Always entertaining.

Stefan9

International Debutant
First session tomorrow key. Reckon we are just ahead. Need temba to dig in and a qdk special. Any support dale and kg can offer would be great.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
This looks like a great test match, highlights were v good. Amazing bowling attacks and wickets falling everywhere. Amidst that, looks a brilliant knock from Babar.

I somehow missed that Steyn only needed one wicket to become SA's highest wicket-taker. Unbelievable gun.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Frankly Bavuma needs to learn how to downhill ski, when the occasional opportunity for big runs is there he has tended to not make full use of it

smash84

The Tiger King
This looks like a great test match, highlights were v good. Amazing bowling attacks and wickets falling everywhere. Amidst that, looks a brilliant knock from Babar.

I somehow missed that Steyn only needed one wicket to become SA's highest wicket-taker. Unbelievable gun.
:laugh:

Check out 1:03 - 1:07. Does he say "****in" there? :laugh:

GRAB

First Class Debutant
Doesn't seem able to convert fifties into centuries, so a low-scorer where he can get a match-defining 70 or 80 seems his thing.
The high number of 100s and big ones was among his hallmarks for Lions when he was picked. It is curious. Perhaps better attacks are better at frustrating him out, because can definitely do silly things when he isn't ticking the score over.

SeamUp

International Coach
The high number of 100s and big ones was among his hallmarks for Lions when he was picked. It is curious. Perhaps better attacks are better at frustrating him out, because can definitely do silly things when he isn't ticking the score over.
I think his batting tempo is effected at the higher level with better quality. Think last afternoon his batting tempo was very good for the situation in reversing the pressure. There will be tough moments he also needs to get through where he has given it away in the past like you say (mainly against spinners).

This is a normal Centurion pitch. Pakistan bowled well but an SA team of old would have put the foot on the throat.

Until we get our batting line-up into a well functioned unit I don't think we will get to #1 again and it was there for the taking after our impressive last home summer.

Last edited: